Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Mustang musical accompanyment?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

Default Mustang musical accompanyment?

I do agree with the producer of Bullit when he said the car itself makes such a beautiful noise the chase doesnt need background music.

However.... What music do you play in your mustang? Consider Mustang music?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:04 PM
jes72mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang musical accompanyment?

For the most part it is era specific classic rock from the mid 60's through mid 70's. Nothing like cruising to some classic Zepplin, Doors, Iron Butterfly, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Stepenwolf and the likes. I just load up my MP3 player and off I go.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I just turn on my AM radio and listen to Rush Limbaugh and Paul Harvey.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
LCC
4th Gear Member

you have radios in your cars????????[sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]
Old 11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

yeah thanks to soaring but im gonna hide an xm in the glove box more than likely? but probably rage against the machine, metallica, hinder, cross fade maybe some black sabbath what come on the new and old rock station for the most part the dj during the daytime is so hot http://www.myspace.com/foxchickkat
Old 11-30-2006, 09:17 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

van halen-panama is a great driving song... too bad i dont have a working radio set up...i'll just have to sing it for now. [&o]
Old 11-30-2006, 09:32 PM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

ne alternative, hard rock, or metal.....incubus/pantera/a7x/black sabbath. got a alpine and two year ago i sat in line at best buy the day after thanksgiving and got couple new 6x9's and 700 watt amp and 2 10' subs for drum roll.......$100. i was suprised the subs actually fit in there along with the spare tire....but nothing else is gonna fit
oh ya
Old 12-01-2006, 12:11 AM
supermanzx9r
2nd Gear Member

disturb for me
Old 12-01-2006, 12:27 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

when i cruise around in the '00, I usually listen to up-tempo Jazz or 60s/70s rock. I have a nice little mix with some classic rock like Queen, Steppenwolf, Blur, Jimi Hendrix, Rare Earth, Thin Lizzy, and some newer stuff. I dont really like new rock, especially Heavy Metal, but some new rock is cool. Two songs I love to hear when I drive are Channel One Suite and Ready Steady Go. Channel One Suite is a jazz song by Buddy Rich, and cuz im a band geek I love it. The second song is actually from a Japenese anime TV show. I think it would be good for a car movie though. Starts off kind of slow but really its only slow compared to the rest of the song,lol. The beginning goes like this:

READY STEADY CAN'T HOLD ME BACK
READY STEADY GIVE ME GOOD LUCK
READY STEADY NEVER LOOK BACK
LET'S GET STARTED READY STEADY GO

When I hear it, i imagine a camera like circling the car, and then for the last line, it shows just the tire. Then we he says GO, I picture the tire just breaking loose and burning some rubber. But ya, anyway, I have a lot of music in the car. As far as the 69er, I plan to put a newer radio in so that I can use my Cassette to MP3 Player adapter. Or just a CD player.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Lumbergh
2nd Gear Member

I don't have a stereo in mine yet either, but I gotta' think the best radio station for cruising in the Mustang is the oldies station-50's and 60's rock. I've also got a Beach Boys collection that fits cruising in a classic Mustang and maybe some classic style rock like George Thoroughgood (sp?). I think that car and surf tunes from the 60's are the perfect accompaniment to a Mustang, especially if you have a convertible. A guy I knew in college had an old cadilac with the huge tail fins. One day the radio tuner broke, but fortunately it was set to the oldies station. He had no choice but to cruise around listening to 50's and 60's rock.

Quick Reply: Mustang musical accompanyment?