Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Seats for a 67 fastback. Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 09:53 AM
Frank_Bullitt
1st Gear Member

Default Seats for a 67 fastback. Question

Right now I have been redoing the inside of my 1967 mustang and have put alot of time and money into it. Looking great so fair. Has Roll bar, new pans, painted, full cell soon to be added and alot of other new parts (Carpit, sound deading, ect.) The only thing is now I am having some problems with finding the right seats for it.

I plan to use a 4 or 5 point seat belts in it so the seats need to be useable with them. Also I want a very well fitting care inside of the car. Also want a flip back so its not a 1 peice seat. I have been looking at Corbeau, Recaro, Sparco and some other ones. So far I like some of Corbeaus and Sparcos.

These are going to need to be street/track seats so they need to comffie yet good for hard driving on the road corse. (but yet still fit in a 67 fastback) I have also seen the Pro cats from Mustangplus.com and they're pretty good but I have no idea how they feel. So I was wanting to know if you guys could help me out with some of these problems I am having.

Feel, comffie, strong, 4-5 point belts, fit and anything else you might have to add.

thanks guys.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Frankenstang

Default RE: Seats for a 67 fastback. Question

Frank
i read in a mustang monthly a while back that corporate mustangs (80s) had seats that are a direct bolt in for our cars. also the 69 and 70 seats will bolt in as well, but will not give you the comfort and support of the newer seats. hope this helps!
nick
Old 10-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Frank_Bullitt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Seats for a 67 fastback. Question

Well I went with the Mustangs plus seat and working on doing a totally new make over on my 67 in the inside so I'll let everyone know here when I get them in and let you know how they feel. I'll also add some pictures to show off the new inside and hopfully it will look good.