Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The 2008 Mustang?

Old 12-06-2006, 11:12 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roger Ebert gives two thumbs down

it looks like an Opel GT; not a Mustang GT
no like......
Old 12-07-2006, 06:28 AM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

the current mustang was designed by Hau Thai-Tang, who was born in vietnam, not america. just thought that was a neat tit-bit of info
Of course he designed it in an american way, true to the original whereas what Gaygaro have done is try to italianise it which is a very bad combination.

I forgot that Hau Thai-Tang had designed it, I read an article when it was about to come out which included interviews with him. He says he was a mustang fan from very young and tried to keep it close to the original idea of the car rather copying or doing a retro design. This is a new design concept that was spoken of at a Design Conference this year, the idea is going back to the original idea of the car rather than copying it or doing a retro version, how many of them actually practiced what they preached I dont know but it may be why weve seen so many good comebacks of american classics the past year or so; dodge charger and challenger, mustang and im sure theres others I cant remember....

Cars should be updated every 5 years or so and the original will often be best. With the exception of the Dodge Viper and for some the corvette america has been rather unsuccesful at updating their cars, mustang, charger and challenger are perfect examples of this between the 70's up until now the updates were terrible.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

i dont like it why dont they make one that kinda looks like the 69/70 fastback im sure it would sell better
Old 12-07-2006, 11:45 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spanish mustang

the current mustang was designed by Hau Thai-Tang, who was born in vietnam, not america. just thought that was a neat tit-bit of info
Of course he designed it in an american way, true to the original whereas what Gaygaro have done is try to italianise it which is a very bad combination.

I forgot that Hau Thai-Tang had designed it, I read an article when it was about to come out which included interviews with him. He says he was a mustang fan from very young and tried to keep it close to the original idea of the car rather copying or doing a retro design. This is a new design concept that was spoken of at a Design Conference this year, the idea is going back to the original idea of the car rather than copying it or doing a retro version, how many of them actually practiced what they preached I dont know but it may be why weve seen so many good comebacks of american classics the past year or so; dodge charger and challenger, mustang and im sure theres others I cant remember....

Cars should be updated every 5 years or so and the original will often be best. With the exception of the Dodge Viper and for some the corvette america has been rather unsuccesful at updating their cars, mustang, charger and challenger are perfect examples of this between the 70's up until now the updates were terrible.
toushe
Old 12-07-2006, 12:26 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

like I said, last thing I saw was ford wanted to go more toward the original design.