Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Sometimes its ok to cry...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Sprint 200

Default Sometimes its ok to cry...

I haven't been posting lately due to a lose in my family...

No it wasn't a person...someone more important...My fastback, my dream, everything I had worked for. You know I didn't cry until I saw it roll up on the truck. And no its not a story of racing, it not a story of going too fast. Its a story of some guy falling asleep, running into my car, and pushing it into the ditch. It was finished, all the hard work, all the hours in the garage. All the everything. My dream... shattered. He beat her up pretty bad, enough to not run. The engine I rebuilt went through the radiator, then hit the cement, break the oil pan, they brought it back in a couple pieces. The hood it bent, and gone. The chrome is gone, the lights are gone, one front wheel is gone. Lets just say it needs a whole new front end. Then to top it off, they had a few problems loading it on the truck, and dropped it once, causing some minor damage to the rear, but they are paying for that. It was hard, and you know sometimes its ok to cry, cause I did. So now the new project is my old project started over. But this time we are going to do it a little different. Plains for a big big-block, like a nice 428. It gonna be a tight squeeze, and probably a new transmission, and it just gonna be a lot of work, so expect a lot of questions. I don't have any expericence with the 428s. Sorry I haven't been posting, just been busy. My camaro is coming along nice, a/c is getting fixed and got the door locks working, but I have a lot of my plate, so I will try to post when I get a chance.

Hope everyones projects are going great, and happy building.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:32 PM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sometimes its ok to cry...

I don't even think I can come up with words inspirational enough for that situation. Sorry to hear about that, nothing worst than somebody else ruining your hard work. Good luck with the rebuild hope all goes well.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:58 AM
68GEETEE
2nd Gear Member

I am sure you will have her back together and better than ever! Keep at it because its worth all the hard work!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:22 PM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

Get your camaro fixed first. That way you have something to play with. Sad to hear something like that.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:14 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

I am sorry to hear about this, but I dunno try not to be too hard on yourself, it isn't your fault. But hey, look what you have to look forward to now, something even better
Old 09-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Frank_Bullitt
1st Gear Member

There's really not much to say other then I am sorry and I know what your going through man. I lost a sweet heart like that and it hurt for a while. I lost a Z16 Corvette this year on the count of some dumb guy cutting in front of me. The car took a beating but I lived which was the best thing. A car is a car and though I wouldn't want to think about it happening again, me and my girlfriend were ok.

Stay strong, metal brakes and cracks, tires blown, engine smashed but the will of the mustang fan never dies. I feel that all of us here know that.

Glad your not hurt to bad.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:34 PM
ivanr77
2nd Gear Member

As Frank Bullit said, the main thing is that your safe and ok... The loss of the car is a tradegy, but the loss of your life would be worse. I would defiently cry...if not kill the other driver, if that happened to me..I feel that cars are also like dogs...they're mans best friend...its painful to lose one...espcially if youve been the proud owner of it for many years. Nonetheless, i hope that things turn out alright for you. Best of luck.