Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Shelby GT500 vs 06 Roush Mustang Video Clip

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Shelby GT500 vs 06 Roush Mustang Video Clip

Comparing an escalade to a real 4X4 is like comparing a Porsche to a Fiat. Try using a Ford F 350 PSD 4X4 dually next time.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Niteshade
1st Gear Member

He may have gotten the specs wrong...but he pretty much told the truth, even though it may be hard for some to hear. Certainly both are great cars, but compared there is a difference and he pointed it out.

As for the original Shelby...love the sound of that engine!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Niteshade

He may have gotten the specs wrong...but he pretty much told the truth, even though it may be hard for some to hear. Certainly both are great cars, but compared there is a difference and he pointed it out.

As for the original Shelby...love the sound of that engine!

its obvious from external appearance that the shelby isn't going to be a great handling car.....u can tell just by the look of it...it doesn't even look a ton differnt than a mustang GT....the front is better but other than that.....i mean no side scoops, no bar [ ] O [ ] tail lights....the rear spoiler looks sorta like it was just double sided taped on....the Roush just looks frigging mean and like it means business.....plus the wheels and the stance give you the impression its ready to handle any curves....
Old 12-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

i like the Saleen better than both though.

i like the Saleen F150 also.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:52 PM
dcohen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Comparing an escalade to a real 4X4 is like comparing a Porsche to a Fiat. Try using a Ford F 350 PSD 4X4 dually next time.
or an old bronco, they are pretty much indestructable
Old 12-14-2006, 11:59 PM
ideal_mustangs
4th Gear Member

Yeah, Id just about guarantee that if you had someone who really knows how to drive 4 wheel drives could take a Wrangler Rubicon with the axle lockers and go anywhere that Range Rover will go for a heck of a lot less money. Sometimes I just don't understand people. A car like that is just too overpriced.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: dcohen

ORIGINAL: Soaring

or an old bronco, they are pretty much indestructable
Ah...that brings back memories of when I was stationed at Ft. Richardson in Alaska and had a 67 Bronco. Yeah, you are right. I drove that Bronco like it was stolen in all 4 wheels going over tundra that most machines couldn't traverse. Tough machine.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

yeah who in their right mind is going to take a $70k+ car anywhere but the car wash let alone the back country or mountains........not to say i dont like them....but get real....im takin that thing to the snow maybe or driving around town....not scaling cliffs and what not......
Old 12-15-2006, 04:11 AM
Lumbergh
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty101Easy

i like the Saleen better than both though.

i like the Saleen F150 also.

The new Saleens are bad looking and feel great as well at least compared to the Mustang GT, which ain't bad. I haven't tried a Rousch and probably won't ever get to drive a Shelby GT500, but after watching that video I think my wife and I need to hop into her Cobra and drive down to the local Ford dealer who sells the Rousch Mustangs and pretend were in the market for a new Mustang.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:03 AM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

Fair comments on the whole he may have got a few points wrong this time but usually, usually his research is impecable.

As for 4x4's, what you would test the wrangler, bronco and others against is a land rover defender and you can speak to any 4x4 club around the world and most will tell you the defender is better. The test of range rover vs h2 and escalade was done because they are its nearest equivalent in terms of style of car.

Let me see if i can explain the range rover and its appeal. The range rover is expensive but my god is it an amazing car, beautiful design, luxury of a rolls royce, practical, amazing off-road - think of it this way its a very versatile car, like a swiss army knife. There are others like the bmw x5, mercedes ml, escalade, h2 etc but none come close in prestige, interior, off road ability or good looks.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 vs 06 Roush Mustang Video Clip