Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Headers didn't fit, need alternative

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:20 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Default Headers didn't fit, need alternative

I "attempted" to install some Patriot Clipster ceramic headers on my new engine and it didn't go so well. The driver's side was tight but fit, however, the passenger side wasn't even close. FWIW, the heads are ProComps which are supposed to be knockoffs of Victor Jrs. I'd like to stick with shortys due to potential clearance issues with the cable clutch conversion and I don't like how low the full lengths were with the lowered, Global West suspension.

The engine builder told me that the coated headers were a good idea to keep the underhood temp down. Looking at Summit's website, it looks like I can go with Hedmans with 1-1/2" tubes or JBA's with 1-5/8" tubes. Although I had JBA's on my last Mustang and they worked well, I'm not too psyched about the cost considering that I've been dumping thousands these past few months and haven't even got to the body and paint yet.

For that reason, I'm considering the Hedmans (p/n 88408) but would rather make sure they'll fit before I order. Also, I'm not sure if the smaller diameter, even though they are shorter length, is going to be a problem.

Or, if anybody has any recommendations on other brands with model numbers, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

TIA,
Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 05:51 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Headers didn't fit, need alternative

ford racing headers or you can do what my friend did (he in iraq now) he got hi perf manifolds and ha made a contraption the connected to intake and exhause manifolds and heads and it pumps sand and water through at high speed basically porting it out he did this so his stuff looks like stock for his race car for inspection he said