Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Jumping into the water

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:07 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Jumping into the water

ORIGINAL: grruminator78

even in the end replacing a six will still be cheaper than a 8 swap, and you can make sixes mean
reminds me off when little dogs attack my heels
Old 12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Lumbergh
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

And yes, get her to help you with the restoration. She will treasure it more if she has an investment of time and work.
Yep, even if its just to hold a nut or bolt in place while you work on the other side or to pass you rags, wrenches, etc. As long as she stays interested, she's bound to learn something about how a car operates and general maintenance (I'm asuming that she isn't already a gear head, as most women aren't; if she already knows how to rebuild a carburetor and the many uses of duct tape, I apologise).
Old 12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

My lady will help out anytime I ask her to, but the 65 is mine, and the 03 Mach is hers. She doesn't know JS about wrenching, but you can bet your booty she is out there with a rag whenever it's wash and wax time on big red. She absolulely loves that car.
Talking about female mechanics though.....I know one in Houston and in Arizona who will out wrench the best of us.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:25 PM
sxs191
2nd Gear Member

Welcome. You've come to the right place, these people know their stuff.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

one night i asked my lady to help me on the 65. now whenever she comes over and sees me wrenchin she goes inside and changes into some crummy clothes and comes out to help. now its like "we should paint it two-tone, like blue and silver" its awesome when the get involved and cook dinner
Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: eZ

one night i asked my lady to help me on the 65. now whenever she comes over and sees me wrenchin she goes inside and changes into some crummy clothes and comes out to help. now its like "we should paint it two-tone, like blue and silver" its awesome when the get involved and cook dinner
I wish my wife would cook occasionally. I am the head cook and bottle washer in our house. If you guys ever need a great recipe for anything, just holler. I absolutely love to cook. Blue and silver, huh? Send her back into the house.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:10 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

BACK INTO THE HOUSE..ACTUALLY SHE HAS A GREAT EYE FOR THAT KIND OF STUFF...I LIKE HER TWO TONE IDEA. I WOULD PROBABLY GO CRANBERRY ON TOP OF SILVER. GET AWAY FROM THE STRIPES EVERYONE DOES. WHATS THE BEST RECIPE YOU GOT?
Old 12-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

My wife is no wrench, but she's great company. If nothing else, she's a great ground gopher. As long as I can stay calm and not make her feel ignorant, she'd be there with me all the time.

Oh and, I'm no slouch in the kitchen Infact, the wife has her dinner waiting on the table for her when she comes in from work. I take every advantage of earning wife faction I can so when it comes time for me to spend money on my projects, I got a little bit of that precious leverage, lol.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:34 AM
supermanzx9r
2nd Gear Member

www.mustangsplus.com is a good place for you to look at to see what the prices are
Old 12-19-2006, 02:02 AM
Dadda

I talked to her before committing to this. I told her it was for her but I didn't want to bring a project like this home for her and she wasn't interested in it. I told her that it would be something we could do together and she was actually more interested than I thought. I took her to see it and she liked it and realized that it wouldn't be an overnight job but was already saying WE can do this and WE can make it like that, so I think this is going to be fun. She won't bass fish with me and she isn't a gearhead but I think she is going to like this.

Pics to come when I pick it up.

Quick Reply: Jumping into the water