Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Ever have the URGE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Default Ever have the URGE?

Hey, im just curious, how many of you guys have been lookin through a mag and saw a different car, weather its a slick lookin 69 charger or a kickass nova or whatnot.. Would you ever ditch your stang for it? I was reading this mustang book and they showed the mustangs "rivals" And alone came a gorgeous dodge charger... and i actually do like the look it it better than the stang, Makes me think.. would i ever trade my stang for one of those? Im young and can never make up my mind( excpecially bout girls) and just was curious if you would ever give it up for another car? -Jon
Old 01-01-2007, 10:40 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ever have the URGE?

All the time. But my car is still in pieces and I know that I couldn't get anything that I wanted with it so I won't be selling or trading it anytime soon...or ever
Old 01-01-2007, 10:41 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

well, i absolutely love my 69 coupe. BUT, i might would consider buying another maker muscle car. but i would Never give up my stang for another, even for a hemi cuda.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

cleve ftw[8D]

but seriously id like to have a whole list of cars! basically just have Jay Leno adopt me id be fine with that but ive put alot of my time in to my car i guess its kinda like a part of me? if you figure ive invested the last three years of my extra money/free time working overtime into it ive got a huge amount invested not only monetarily but mentally and physically
Old 01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
LCC
4th Gear Member

I would never sell mine for a newer one. But I would love too add a new Shelby GT500 to the garage...
Old 01-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I would definitely add to the collection, but what I have isn't up for trade/sell (unless it's enough for me to retire on and buy more cars that I can afford now).
Old 01-01-2007, 11:57 PM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

I don't think that I'd ever get rid of the fastback Mustangs - I like their look way too much... However, after watching Barrett-Jackson I'd sell everything I have for a '67 Shelby (OK- or a Daytona/Superbird wing car). MAN those are awesome looking cars...what a neat piece of history.
Did you see the person who paid 600,000 the new '07 Shelby but the GT40 and Bobby Allison's Daytona only went for 300,000 ?? That Daytona had a huge racing history.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:09 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 68SCode4speed

I don't think that I'd ever get rid of the fastback Mustangs - I like their look way too much... However, after watching Barrett-Jackson I'd sell everything I have for a '67 Shelby (OK- or a Daytona/Superbird wing car). MAN those are awesome looking cars...what a neat piece of history.
Did you see the person who paid 600,000 the new '07 Shelby but the GT40 and Bobby Allison's Daytona only went for 300,000 ?? That Daytona had a huge racing history.
Yeah I was expecting that to be in the upper 6 digits. Did that wind up winning the online "fantasy car" thing?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:17 AM
67Rally
2nd Gear Member

I've passed on two different Sunbeam Tigers over the years...both were low-mileage and in good condition. I've kicked myself a few times over the years.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yonco

Hey, im just curious, how many of you guys have been lookin through a mag and saw a different car, weather its a slick lookin 69 charger or a kickass nova or whatnot.. Would you ever ditch your stang for it? I was reading this mustang book and they showed the mustangs "rivals" And alone came a gorgeous dodge charger... and i actually do like the look it it better than the stang, Makes me think.. would i ever trade my stang for one of those? Im young and can never make up my mind( excpecially bout girls) and just was curious if you would ever give it up for another car? -Jon
No, the classic Mustang has become my all time favorite car in the entire world, this is coming from a guy who used to own a Nova, Javelin, 240Z, Stingray Corvette, Camaro. Figure I will be a Mustang man until the day I die (for now). Having said that however, would not mind owning a second muscle car, but only as a second car, it will never outright replace my current Mustang, have worked too hard for it so far.

Of course I'm 44, not a young buck like yourself, but you should experiment, if you want to change your Stang for a different car, go for it, you can always get another Mustang in the future...once you get tired of the "other" car...LOL!

Quick Reply: Ever have the URGE?