Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I told you! the BOSS is BACK!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 07:31 PM
enzedchris
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I told you! the BOSS is BACK!

ORIGINAL: my77stang

you have two pairs of boss 429 heads? you saving those to sell for your retirement fund?
you bet, nah, originally we were thinking of putting a boss 429 injected into a 96-98 mustang, but that plan fell threw. we want to buy a brand new v6 mustang now, since they have lots of room under the hood, and stick that thirsty ***** in it. I actually have 2 more complete boss 429 nascar engines from the late 60's coming. we were good friends with the late jack bowsher, he recently passed, but we will be getting the engines from his son soon.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

thats just awsome. a buddy of mine is involved with arca cup / busch series racing, he's always got badass motors layin around. heck, he's got a hot tank that used to be bobby allisons and one day i was there he had one of earnhardt jr's old cars in there
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 PM
enzedchris
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

thats just awsome. a buddy of mine is involved with arca cup / busch series racing, he's always got badass motors layin around. heck, he's got a hot tank that used to be bobby allisons and one day i was there he had one of earnhardt jr's old cars in there
yeah theres some crazy stuff. my dad designs gears for arca, nascar, bush, nhra, nmra so on. mostly everyone uses them in nascar, so he had lots of buddies in the business. some guy, bush team, has some of those old buick v6 turbo bush engines still in the crate that they are trying to get rid of, not that i would particularly desire one, but they are pretty cool anyway. for the most part i hate gm tho
Old 01-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

yes the mexican 302s were 4 bolt
Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
ajj100

Hi enzedchris,
I am looking for a set of boss 429 heads and valve covers and related parts. Would you be interested in selling one of your sets? I just bought a bare set of boss 429 head on 1/13/7 but they need valves, springs, locks, retainers, spring seats, rockersand valve covers.

Thanks,
AJ
Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

designs gears?? Thats like redrawing a wheel.. its always going to be round.. that must be an EZ job -Jon
Old 01-14-2007, 08:41 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

i found a 289 block and cleveland heads on craigslist, at first i thought he said the motor came with those heads, then i emailed him and he said that i should buy them and build myself a good ole fashioned BOSS. ****ing idiot made me mad, he has no idea how much work that would take
Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
enzedchris
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yonco

designs gears?? Thats like redrawing a wheel.. its always going to be round.. that must be an EZ job -Jon
you obviously don't know much about gears, there are othger qualities to them apart from being round [sm=angrymail.gif]
Greg Brown of motive gear talking about designs, that's my dad.
Also, no I'm not interested in selling any boss 429 parts, sorry
Hi enzedchris,
I am looking for a set of boss 429 heads and valve covers and related parts. Would you be interested in selling one of your sets? I just bought a bare set of boss 429 head on 1/13/7 but they need valves, springs, locks, retainers, spring seats, rockers and valve covers.

Thanks,
AJ
Old 01-15-2007, 12:38 AM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

Whats so special, it's just a block. 4 bolt main, whoopie do.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 AM
enzedchris
2nd Gear Member

they make it look pretty in the picture lol, i'd buy it, it's a beautiful looking block

Quick Reply: I told you! the BOSS is BACK!