Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Curious of your opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:05 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Curious of your opinion...

don't get discouraged if it will take you 10 years to fix the 67, hell I'd be happy with that. Do what you can when you can and it'll be worth it. I'll be in the same boat soon, getting a huge pay cut for a while when I switch jobs, so yeah just do what you can
Old 01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
BakoLuke
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baddog671

Anyone else have multiple projects and limited funding?
'65 mustang
'61 mercedes
'65 nova
Old 01-12-2007, 03:01 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Stop yer complaining and waffling about what to do.. you wanna talk multiple projects, its relatively possible I have more than everyone in this thread combined..lol.

Here is what you do. Drive the 98 because it runs. Dont mess with it, because its reliable, gets decent mileage, and it still RUNS! that is your daily driver, the way to get around. If you put money into it, its less for the 67. it doesnt need that new chrome plated widget or those carbon fiber thingamacallit covers. It needs gas, oil and tires. its your way to get around. having two cars that arent running is worse than one car that isnt running. Dont ask what its like to have 30 cars that arent running. If you have limited funds (Bill Gates isnt one of us) then you have to have a priority, the first one is to have a car that runs, otherwise you need to bum a ride any time you want to go someplace. If you rip the engine out of the 98, and then something happens with the engine you want to put in it, you now have more yard art.

Everything has to have a priority. For instance, right now there is a 67 Cougar and a 71 Mustang in the shop here. the Cougar has priority over the stang, because I want to take it on Power Tour, and to my 20 year class reunion (if we have it and I decide to go, never liked those people much anyway but its fun to brag) its also been 20 years since I have driven my first car, and I have owned it the entire time. Now add to that another dilema. i have two daily drivers, one for me and one for the girlfriend. She has a Dodge Intrepid (it was free) I have a 98 Formula with an LS1. well the Formy doesnt do snow well at all, i dont want it in snow and salt, and the trans is broken at the moment anyway. So I need a winter beater for me. I cant fix one of the 4x4s I have because there are two Fords in the shop taking up the space I need to work on a truck.

This time of year is tough for money because the kids need presents, I need to pay car insurance, and a few other large bills on top of normal bills. Plus I gotta buy firewood since I cant go cut it anymore. So money isnt exactly growin on trees for any of us.

Everyone in life has a purpose, I guess mine is to be an example of how not to be, and what not to do. Having so many projects and so little money means it will take me a long time to get them all done. But I am only 37 so hopefully I have plenty of time left to get things done. Since you are fresh out of high school, you have alot more time to get things done, unless you do something stupid like get married or meet your demise through some other poor decision...

You are ahead, you have a driver and a project. most people only have a project. its not far from being done, if youwant far from being done I can post more pics.. okay? Just get out there and do it, and leave the 98 alone.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yonco

um,i have multiple projects, but dont have a funding problem. I just dont want to go blow lots of money on cars because my parents will look at me wierd. They think 1000$ on heads is to much but what do they know! Anyways, i get what i want because im 18 and have a full blown job and make the $$ myself.
Do you pay rent, mortgage?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

purple people eater.....thats amazing
Old 01-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member