Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Does anyone live around Owensboro, KY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:17 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Default Does anyone live around Owensboro, KY?

Hello,

I purchased a 347 from a guy in Owensboro. He is not ripping me off, as a matter of fact he is a good kid. I am having a few problems trying to find a freight company that can deliver the engine to Chicago so it can be flown to Alaska. I found one that was going to do it for $80 to Chicago O'hare. Now, since the seller doesn't have a loading dock, they have more than quadrupled their price. They also said the engine has to be in a crate. I think that is crap since I have seen engines on pallets being shipped before. Although the crate idea would protect the engine during shipment. Are their any places that the seller might be able to pick up a crate? I thought maybe any parts stores might have one they were going to toss. Anybody around their feel like helping me out. I am more than willing to pay for your troubles. Are there any freight companies that the seller can deliver the crated engine to? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anyone live around Owensboro, KY?

most want a crate if its going on a plane safer to move and the non loading dock means they gotta pick it up with a fork lift. when i bought the engine for my 240sx they changed me double to drop it off at my house even thought i had a engine hoise could have just picked it up off the truck lol