Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

CHEAP ENGINE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:55 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: CHEAP ENGINE?

cheap 300hp recipe get a 96-97 5.0 explorer(gt40 cobra heads) motor with low mileage fro mthe junkyard buy a e303 cam advance it 6 degs buy the correct bnalance flywheel balancer to use the stock pulley system and ull have a factory assembled motor minus the cam swap all for around 1000$

or check out www.carcraft.com search their tech articles on how to build a 400hp motor out of a 5.0ho(from a 87-95 mustang and a 88-92 lincoln makr 7)
Old 01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
mustanglover66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gothand

ORIGINAL: golgiapp.

i also have some money to rebuilt my 302 or buy a new engine. but the thing im worried about wen rebuilding the engine is the parts will be these no name parts or use the parts i have on there now which isnt that great to begin with. umm new engine or rebuilt engine. have about $3000 dollars to spend on an engine and wanting to get the most for my money
$3200 delivered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...QQcmdZViewItem

Got an engine from them in three weeks to my door. All questions answered promptly. Was considering the T&L but couldn't get call returned and by internet accounts it appeared that it took about three months to receive engine which wouldn't work for me. A guy who works there is on this board and can probably help you in your decision.
I regret to here you couldn't get your calls returned, I will pass this on to Lloyd the owner tomorrow. All I can say is we are going through some growing pains if you remember who you left a message with let me know. I can say right now on averge it is taking 6 to 8 weeks to fill an order. As for the engines themselfs the only used part to them is the block itself which are jet blasted and tumble blasted clean as new. then they are inspected for cracks and any other problem before they are decked, bored , honed and line honed. I personally do all the balancing all the cast crank are eagle cranks and rods on the 347s. the forged 347s are K1 cranks and rods. The forged pistons are JE SRPS right now because Malhe are unavaleble which is what we usally use. The hipersitic pistons are speedpros. The cams are custom grind comp cams I belive but I couldn't swear to it because that is out of my area.

That first site that was posted I would be leery about a place that does not check spelling and gramer in the're ads. Not to mention from what I read it looks like they are reusing the crank and rods from as stated before junkyard engines. I would go to a junkyard and buy an engine and put it in my car like it is before I would buy something from them and save $2,000. Thats just my opinion.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustanglover66

ORIGINAL: gothand

ORIGINAL: golgiapp.

i also have some money to rebuilt my 302 or buy a new engine. but the thing im worried about wen rebuilding the engine is the parts will be these no name parts or use the parts i have on there now which isnt that great to begin with. umm new engine or rebuilt engine. have about $3000 dollars to spend on an engine and wanting to get the most for my money
$3200 delivered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...QQcmdZViewItem

Got an engine from them in three weeks to my door. All questions answered promptly. Was considering the T&L but couldn't get call returned and by internet accounts it appeared that it took about three months to receive engine which wouldn't work for me. A guy who works there is on this board and can probably help you in your decision.
I regret to here you couldn't get your calls returned, I will pass this on to Lloyd the owner tomorrow. All I can say is we are going through some growing pains if you remember who you left a message with let me know. I can say right now on averge it is taking 6 to 8 weeks to fill an order. As for the engines themselfs the only used part to them is the block itself which are jet blasted and tumble blasted clean as new. then they are inspected for cracks and any other problem before they are decked, bored , honed and line honed. I personally do all the balancing all the cast crank are eagle cranks and rods on the 347s. the forged 347s are K1 cranks and rods. The forged pistons are JE SRPS right now because Malhe are unavaleble which is what we usally use. The hipersitic pistons are speedpros. The cams are custom grind comp cams I belive but I couldn't swear to it because that is out of my area.

That first site that was posted I would be leery about a place that does not check spelling and gramer in the're ads. Not to mention from what I read it looks like they are reusing the crank and rods from as stated before junkyard engines. I would go to a junkyard and buy an engine and put it in my car like it is before I would buy something from them and save $2,000. Thats just my opinion.
So mustanglover, you work for this company? Those are some great prices. Where exactly are manufacturers of the cylinder heads you use based out of. I can't say I've heard of ProComp Racing heads
Old 01-16-2007, 12:25 AM
mustanglover66
4th Gear Member

I don't know what procomp racing heads are we use Dart RHS and AFRs
Old 01-16-2007, 12:26 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

so you work for this company though? > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-302-375HP-HI-PERF-BALANCED-ENGINE-W-ALUMINUM-HEADS_W0QQitemZ140074203902QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3361 5QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-16-2007, 12:31 AM
mustanglover66
4th Gear Member

God no I work for this onehttp://www.tandlengines.com/
Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

I didn't read the rest of gothand's message, my bad
Old 01-16-2007, 12:56 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

only company i trust to rebuild me an engine is jasper for a higher powered engine i rather buy a aftermarket block and build it up myself its not hard to do
Old 01-16-2007, 03:42 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andrewmp6

only company i trust to rebuild me an engine is jasper for a higher powered engine i rather buy a aftermarket block and build it up myself its not hard to do
I know of a guy who is having some troubles with a new Jasper build in his Jeep so that goes to show that even respected builders can have problems like everybody in business does. It is how you deal with the problems that makes or breaks you. I can vouche for the builder of the engine in the link that I posted that his customer service is first rate which is also evidenced by an unblemished Ebay feedback rating, his willingness to answer all my questions along the way in a timely manner and his ability to meet his build and delivery schedule. FWIW, the engine also comes with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.

I'd venture to guess that greater than 95% of the people on this board do not possess the skills/tools/time/desire to build their own engine. Affordable crate motors like this are the next best thing.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

i got everything but the tools

Quick Reply: CHEAP ENGINE?