Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

CHEAP ENGINE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 AM
golgiapp.

Default CHEAP ENGINE?

i was looking around ebay for engines and found this company selling performance engines for $2400 dollars. wanted to get some insights on this. why is it so cheap?

heres the link...let me know what you think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CHEAP ENGINE?

Doesn't look like they're using big name parts. Probably a China engine.

Get what you pay for. Go for something from Jeg's, Summit, or FRP.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

looks like a junkyard engine rebuilt with some chrome thrown on it i dont trust ebay and they dont list the cam spec or even the compression get you a crate engine from a good company. for a oem stock engine id get a jasper rebuilt one
Old 01-15-2007, 02:36 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

summit crate engines FTW

that looks, as stated above, a used junkblock ith some chrome valve covers and a chromed edel rpm intake
Old 01-15-2007, 04:40 AM
golgiapp.

umm what about this company? been featured in a few magazines and got the link from a user on here. some of the parts ive never heard of before and i dont know if thats because im new to this or because they are cheap. any feed bak would be helpful. THANKS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/347-F...8501QQtcZphoto

http://tandlengines.com/347_stroker.html

i also have some money to rebuilt my 302 or buy a new engine. but the thing im worried about wen rebuilding the engine is the parts will be these no name parts or use the parts i have on there now which isnt that great to begin with. umm new engine or rebuilt engine. have about $3000 dollars to spend on an engine and wanting to get the most for my money
Old 01-15-2007, 05:07 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Unless you're buying a new block, all these motors are "junkyard engines". There's nothing wrong with a seasoned block that has been properly tested and machined. If you're on a budget, I see no problem with buying a motor like this. Look for a place with a lot of high feedback and/or contact some of the previous buyers and see how happy they are.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: golgiapp.

i also have some money to rebuilt my 302 or buy a new engine. but the thing im worried about wen rebuilding the engine is the parts will be these no name parts or use the parts i have on there now which isnt that great to begin with. umm new engine or rebuilt engine. have about $3000 dollars to spend on an engine and wanting to get the most for my money
$3200 delivered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...QQcmdZViewItem

Got an engine from them in three weeks to my door. All questions answered promptly. Was considering the T&L but couldn't get call returned and by internet accounts it appeared that it took about three months to receive engine which wouldn't work for me. A guy who works there is on this board and can probably help you in your decision.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

http://www.cmengines.com/?gclid=COLssbTr4okCFSXLYAodFjh1FQ
Old 01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
67Stang68
2nd Gear Member

Have you used cmengines? If so which engine did you go with?
Prices look decent
Old 01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
az1966
2nd Gear Member

I'm on a bugget,,A-1 engine in tempe az,,,is offering a 5 year warranty on rebuilding my 200 ci ,,never got to details yet but I think a 5 year warranty says something,,also S and S engines out of Spokane WA has the same offer.. and a friend of mind bought an engine for his jeep from S and S and it runs like a champ,,just be sure to read fine print for warranty/install rules

Quick Reply: CHEAP ENGINE?