Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Wow... what the hell happened to Mustangs Plus on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
groho
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wow... what the hell happened to Mustangs Plus on Ebay?

If it makes ya feel better, I just receive their catalog in the mail yesterday, bigger and better. The last few editorials inmustang monthly, which I believe have input from the owners/staff ofmustangsplus, voice a loudopposition to the fomoco strong-arming. They're probably right smack in the middle of the legal battle. Good luck to them.

Sure wish they'd improve their counter help, that last several times I went there, they gave me the incorrect parts, all three times. It's probably the samekid who drove thathonda in the parking lot.
Once you get past the minimum wage guys,the staff is great and very knowledgable.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:30 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

Heres an interesting article from their restomod newsletter: http://www2.mustangsplus.com/news/1-07.html

...and groho, next time you deal with them, ask for Alex. Im pretty sure he is still there, thats always who I used to ask for--the guy really knows his stuff.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Pretty soon, Ford will be BEGGING people to use they copywritten names:

Ford Loses Record $12.7 Billion in ’06
Old 01-25-2007, 09:06 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

Anyone received their new 07 Parts Catalog yet? I heard pg. 272 was pretty kick ***[8D]

http://mustangsplus.com/catalog/
Old 01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I've never bought anything from Musgtangsplus, so have no attachment of interest as to their achievements or failure, but I get a little perturbed at Ford's desire to adopt the word Mustang as only its' name. There are Mustang guitars, and wild horses. Mustang is an accepted world wide name for any wild horse in the greater Southwestern part of the United States. Ford does not own that name.
How about "Horse Parts" for your 1965-73 American made car.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Dogg Bone Customs

Harley Davidson is just as bad... I know personally of a mom & pop shop that was in the Roanoke area of Va. They painted their shop Orange and Black, the corporate colors of HD. Welllll, HD sued them and even though the small shop won the court case, Harley won the war because the shop closed down due to legal fees.

If you make an Ebay listing with their name in the title, you get a warning from Ebay about copyright infringements. It's pathetic, like they need any more $$$...

So Ford doing what they are doing does not surprise me...

JB
Old 01-26-2007, 01:10 AM
edgars23
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 65mojoe
Anyone received their new 07 Parts Catalog yet? I heard pg. 272 was pretty kick ***[8D]
What's so special about radiator caps?

LOL

Congrats on the spread. Your coupe is one of the best I have seen. I love the trunk lid wing by the way. Where is that from?
Old 01-26-2007, 04:35 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgars23

What's so special about radiator caps?

LOL

Congrats on the spread. Your coupe is one of the best I have seen. I love the trunk lid wing by the way. Where is that from?
Thanks. And the trunk lid is, you guessed it, mustangsplus. I guess its the least they could to put the car in the catalog. After all I probably bought enough from them to send one of their grandchildren to college for a few years
Old 01-26-2007, 06:10 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Anyone received their new 07 Parts Catalog yet? I heard pg. 272 was pretty kick *** [8D]

http://mustangsplus.com/catalog/
Yes, it's great, Mustang Plus has the most detailed classic Mustang catalog in the market.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

I plan on attending the Moultree GA, swap meet in 2 weeks. They usually have a vendor slot there so I'll stop by and see what kind of info I can dig up.

Sure hate to see any vendor possibly go **** up. The more we have, the better our prices are.

Quick Reply: Wow... what the hell happened to Mustangs Plus on Ebay?