Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

bad experience with cal-mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: bad experience with cal-mustang

ORIGINAL: j code kid

wat about larrys mustang parts wat are they like for service ???
I have bought a few parts from Larry's and had a good experience with them. As far ar Cal-Mustang, I guess you just have to read their policies before buying from them in the future. If it were me though, I would never buy anything from them again.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 AM
j code kid

tht bad ..................... maybe they too big not enuff stafff.................cutbax
Old 01-30-2007, 11:59 AM
j code kid

i got thier calstang catalog right here .wat i do with it then ?? spit on it ??? surely there must a few reputible stang parts dealers here in cali ?
Old 01-30-2007, 12:15 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

mustangsplus is in cali
Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

So is Larry's. They are at the corner of 57 and 91 in Fullerton. Call them........800-854-0393 or email them and ask for a catalog.
info@larrystbird.com
Old 01-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Pattie
1st Gear Member

I live in Georgia . Only live about 100 miles from Mustangs Unlimited. Even when ordering have had good luck. CJ Pony parts excellent even had item that was over thirty days and they still worked out something. Had a problem with NPD but they eventually worked it out. With the classics the colors and parts are not always to match. It is a problem to get them even close.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:22 PM
kalli
6th Gear Member

have bought a _lot_ of parts of them. And never had bad experience with them.
Live in europe and they do me tha favour of sending per USPS (far cheaper, less customs hassle).

Still I was thinking of using NPD for 2 reasons:
a) some parts end up to be out of stock and they don't update you on that unless you ask them
b) amount of parts compared to NPS. I find that NPD have a lot of parts in stock that I can't seem to find anywhere else. For example a fuel filter to go from fuel hose to carb inlet. (not those junky inline ones)

So I just wait for NPD to get back to me if they ship as well with USPS and I'll give them a try.
The downside with them seems to be that they don't have an online catalog where you can pick, click on it and it's added to your shopping basket. no checkout that remembers all your details .... Anyways ... we'll see

Kalli
Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 PM
bradleyb
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys, I had a good experience with mustang plus and with americanpony too

interestingly enough, I went by Classic Auto on Passons street in Pico Rivera and checked out their control arms and they were different and looked much more heavy duty (they were only $50 bucks too). That said, the guy told me that if I cleaned the boot real well with gas or alcohol I could put some of the black gasket on there and it would seal well enough to keep the grease in and boot intact - think I will give this a try
Old 01-30-2007, 08:07 PM
fifi_
1st Gear Member

Larry's is real good. I went in their store one time and they were all knowledgeable and helpful and friendly. Though I've never returned anything to them before.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 PM
hity645
2nd Gear Member

Cal Mustang has the most expensive parts, I don't have their catalog anymore.

Quick Reply: bad experience with cal-mustang