Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

How Much ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How Much ????

I've had new engines dyno-tuned before. I'm assuming they know what they are doing.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Smothers

ORIGINAL: 66stang302

Yeah you guys are probably right. The motor is brand new and only has about 150 miles on it so i guess well see.I will post the results when i get them. If anyone else wants to put there .02 cents in go ahead.
I think you may be making a mistake putting it on a dyno with only 150 miles on the new engine. Mine was just rebuilt and the engine builder told me not to put it oh a dyno untill the engine was properly broke-in. I think he said at least 3,000 miles. Reason being they are going to rev it to the moon on the dyno. Another reason he mentioned is the engine won'tperform to it'sfull ability untill after it's broken-in. Maybe someone more knowledgable cancomment on this.
I'll swear, great minds must think alike. I was just thinking the very same thing. They will need to get that engine into the power range of RPM's to dyno it. That could be over 5 grand. And for a fresh rebuild, I would not put an engine through that torture without properly breaking it in.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:43 PM
66stang302

Ok thanks again