Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Sticky section is getting full again

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Sticky section is getting full again

ORIGINAL: Galactusz

Hey Soaring, can you ask Amanda to remove her "Do You Have A Classic Mustang?? WE NEED PICS!! "?

That thread is pretty much dead, the other one you made is much more effficient, "Picture of our rides".

I submitted a picture to Amanda, and she never responded or posted my picture, that thread is pretty much useless.
Well, back when Amanda started this site for Ralph,she was trying to promote the site so that Ralph could make more money from advertising, so therefore the interest in asking for a picture gallery of the classics. There are a lot of pics of classic Mustangs that are not pictured in the thread. It is also linked to the mustang of the month contest. However, if there is anymore interest in disposing of that picture gallery, I will see what I can do to eliminate it. It will take a fairly strong outcry to get it done though. Just for everyone's education, Amanda is a Dodge person. She works for Ralph who owns several automobile forums to include this one, the Dodge and the Nissan one. There may be others. Money is made through getting advertisers to advertise here. You will see the advertisements on the the top and sides of this forum. An example is that it would cost Dennis 400 bux to advertise for 6 weeks for his disk brake upgrade kit. It is expensive.
Now, without those advertisers contributions, we would not be able to discuss our mustangs here. This site would not exist without the money the advertisers contribute. Hello....welcome to the real world.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 65mojoe

+1, Im running on a 20" at 1200x1600, and I just have to do half a wheel spin and im past it.....

all you grandpas gotta turn your resolution up higher than 800x600

Who's the grandpa? I'm running my dual 24's at 1920x1200!

Soaring, do these owners own Dodgeforums.com? I spent some time over there when I was reasearching my new Dodge Ram purchase... small world.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gothand

+1, Im running on a 20" at 1200x1600, and I just have to do half a wheel spin and im past it.....

Soaring, do these owners own Dodgeforums.com? I spent some time over there when I was reasearching my new Dodge Ram purchase... small world.
1200 lines on a WS24 is bigger than 1200 lines on a 20." I run 1600x1200 on a 18" screen. Yeah...it's CRT...much better clarity than LCD.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: gothand

Yes, Ralph owns that site as well. Amandasupports that site as well. These sites are money making projects for people like Ralph, who in turn farm out people like Amanda to advertise the site. They set up these sites, then drum up sponsors to make money. It's not illegal. If fact, it is quite a lucrative income.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:40 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Nothing wrong with that. Contrary to whatseveral popular politicians believe, *coughhillarycough* believe, "profit" is not a dirty word
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

400 bucks for 6 weeks actually doesnt sound that bad...it would be interesting to see how many "clicks" or customers these places get from mustangforums. Personally I wouldnt be able to name one advertisement thats on this site, or any others for that matter. I think anyone who is on the internet alot has already trained their eyes to ignore anything that looks like an advertisement
Old 02-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: fastbackford351

Nothing wrong with that. Contrary to whatseveral popular politicians believe, *coughhillarycough* believe, "profit" is not a dirty word
Heard that. Yeah, we are able to talk about our mustangs here because Ralph as an entrepaneur has created this site, He obviously has spent a lot of money to get it going, and has invested in a lot of human resources to keep it going.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:15 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

well some ads catch my eye, like a $700 forged crank for a 455 or 428. yeah that gets my interest in a hurry. A body kit or lowering springs, well not unless its for one of my trucks, and never a body kit. I dont own a honda.

You can make okay money through sites with ads, you gotta keep after it, its not a one time deal.

Amanda is cool, even though she drives a Ram. I used to talk to her a few years back when I used a different name, quite the intelligent young lady. Without her this place wouldnt be here.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
NorCalTroy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Galactusz

Hey Soaring, can you ask Amanda to remove her "Do You Have A Classic Mustang?? WE NEED PICS!! "?

That thread is pretty much dead, the other one you made is much more effficient, "Picture of our rides".

I submitted a picture to Amanda, and she never responded or posted my picture, that thread is pretty much useless.
+1
I did the same thing shortly after I joined (didn't check the date of the picture request) and got the same result - nothing.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:10 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

The person to contact I think is HotRods_n_Booze. He got mine into the 641/2-66 gallery right quick.

Quick Reply: Sticky section is getting full again