Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

X or H pipe.....Flowmaster, MagnaFlow

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:46 AM
ford65stang
2nd Gear Member

Default X or H pipe.....Flowmaster, MagnaFlow

ok, hopefully i set this up right... You should be able to select more then one poll option.....

If you were going to do an Exhaust system on your stang. How would you set up it?

X pipe or H pipe ?

Flowmaster, MagnaFlow, Dynomax, Gibson, Edelbrock or other.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:50 AM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Default RE: X or H pipe.....Flowmaster, MagnaFlow

I'm running Flowtech big tube headers back to 3" pipes with an H pipe going into Flowmaster 40's turned down right before the axles. It growls and shakes the earth at an idle and roars at throttle! I love setting off car alarms on imports, its like watching em crap their pants as I go rolling by in my beast!!!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9GOoHz5W2S8
Old 02-25-2007, 02:58 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

I got the Magnaflow Exheaust kit about 2/3rds installed today. It is a pretty nice looking setup and the price was right using the link that was listed on this site a few months back. Install is going pretty easy and everything seems to line up well.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:16 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

im running dual flowtech raptors with ceramic long stem headers (not sure what kind...they were on there when i bought it) that ends right before the axel. x and h pipes i was told make it quieter so i dont have one. i started up my car in the garage today just because i wanted to hear it and after i did the little kids that were playing outside started to mimic the noise. it was pretty awesome. so i voted other-flowtech raptors FTW!!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

i keep hearing about flowtech raptors an i dunno if i should get them i need to hear a quality clip
Old 02-25-2007, 08:43 PM
mikethebike
3rd Gear Member

The reason for the cross-over pipe is to get even exhaust pulses in the system. Unless you are going past 7000 rpm all you need are a good set of tri-y headers. PERIOD...if it was good enough for CS...it's good enough for me.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:49 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

yeah X pipe is made for high hp cars, im runnign 450Hp and just about on the verge of needing/wanting an X pipe. I have shorttube headers with a custom 2.5" true duel setup using an H pipe and the flowmaster mandrel bent piping for over the axel sections and running duel flowmaster 2 chamber 40's.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gothand

I got the Magnaflow Exheaust kit about 2/3rds installed today. It is a pretty nice looking setup and the price was right using the link that was listed on this site a few months back. Install is going pretty easy and everything seems to line up well.
Yep, I bought that very some one on that site, it's installed now, and it's awesome.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:33 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Galactusz

Yep, I bought that very some one on that site, it's installed now, and it's awesome.
Does your exhaust hang low? I finished the install today, and while it looks and sounds good, I'm not pleased with how low the thing sits. The X is right where the parking brake lever is so it has to sit below that and doesn't give much gorund clearance. It doesn't help that I have a Global West suspension and the care sits pretty low. I'm afraid I'll be dragnning that thing a lot over speed bumps.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

i vote dynomax mufflers with true dual

what are gibson mufflers? never heard of them

Quick Reply: X or H pipe.....Flowmaster, MagnaFlow