Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Interior two tone??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

Default Interior two tone??

I have seen many white interiors w/dark (red/blue) carpets and/or dash pads that give a good contrast to the ride. I have an all black interior, does anyone have/seen a black interior w/red carpet/door panels? any pics?? I will be replacing the carpet soon and was trying to figure if the two tone would work or just stick with ALL black, thanks.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 AM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Interior two tone??

well i would image it would look pretty cool but never seen it. doubt ud be able to google it either......ive got red on white pony interior and im trying to image the white (actually i think its more parchment colored) as black. really no idea where ud find a pic unless someone on here has one

Old 03-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Guitylerham
2nd Gear Member

I'd be interested too! I have an all red interior with a bench seat. I really like black but thought it'd be neat to be able to leave the painted dash and other surfaces red and change the upholstery to black or something.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

if you do it with colors that work with eachother then it will work nice like if you did a black red combo or a red white combo or a blue white combo i am gunna go with a green charcoal combo but not alot fo charcoal just the floor and some trim
Old 03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

if I paint the car red again, the black/red combo is what I'm going for. I've never seen anyone with pics like that, but I drew some up and loved the look.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Warrior

This is a 68's interior but I think this is what you're going for. I think it's hot, it looks awesome.

Grruminator78,This interior would look amazing with your car.

www.mustangupholstery.com
Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

i was planning on doing something very very similar. The seats would be reverse and there would be red floor mats, soft trim on the dash would be black, and also brushed alum (delux) stuff in there as well.
As americas sweetheart would say, That's Hot!

I'll probably have to have a coustom job done on the seats. I'm getting the pro-cars, but yeah that's purrrty!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:03 PM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

Here is a photo I found from an earlier post. This is along the lines of what i was thinking of doing, red door panels with a red carpet, everything else (seats, door frame, dash etc) would remain black.

Any photos out there along those lines, thanks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/62235/7BC0501130B94ED299FEFB14D45E2F63.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

i think it would look better with the delux door pannel IMO, but personnaly I think you need a little red in everyting to just continue the theam. Like me Black carpet w/red floor mats, or red carpet w/black floor mats. You don't need the blac/red seatsbut maybe have someone coustom do red thread along all the stiching. But if done with taste i think it'll look stunning.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:48 PM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

that looks cool but ive always wanted to do a black and white set up. paint car black and do main parts for the interior black and trim in white

Quick Reply: Interior two tone??