Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Stupidest thing you have ever done with your Mustang....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:38 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Stupidest thing you have ever done with your Mustang....

hey i drove my II about 20 or 25 miles to the tire storeand the tread on both of my rear tires had completely came off like those alligator strips you see on the highway. of course driving in the mustang i couldnt help but to speed, i couldnt believe i actually made it there in one piece. when i pulled into the shop, the tire guys were laughing their asses off at me .

then of course theres that whole "my wife put the 06 in the golf course" thing, im sure most of you remember those pics and that post from about a month ago
Old 03-23-2007, 05:48 PM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

Well, the '68 isn't even close to being on the road yet and the '65 is about a week away from being on the road SOOOOO - I'll have to let you know in a week or so.

Two Mopars and two Mustangs... I know what you mean. (At least I could re-create the two cars in the chase scene from Bullitt!)

Locking yourself in the car - now that made me laugh!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:00 PM
coda618
3rd Gear Member

Well, back in the eighties, my first car was a 69 fastback. Well one snowy day, I was cruising around town, thinking I was soooo cooooooollllll, doing donuts, fishtails etc. So, I am done for the day and heading home. I lived on a nice quite dead end. I am cruising down my block at about 5 miles an hour and just barely put my foot on the brakes as I am coming up to my driveway. There was ice under the snow and the car just slid rught past my driveway right into my neighbors tree, dead center in the nose. Doh. The tree won.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:56 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Stupidest thing I ever did was watching a friend of mine and a total stranger duke it out in a parking lot of a night club. My friend got his **** beat to a pulp. He was sheet faced and picked a fight with some guy when the club bouncer tossed him out. Long story short, I sat and watched my friend lay on the hood of my Mach 1 bleeding like he had just partied with Charles Manson. By the time I got him home it was practically morning. The blood was dried on the hood of my car. There I was the following day scrubbing off human hemoglobin in the brutal July sun. I always wondered what the neighbors thought.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:35 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

i love your cars and that lift in your garage[8D]
Old 03-23-2007, 07:42 PM
supermanzx9r
2nd Gear Member

me too
Old 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
pizzarolls
2nd Gear Member

i dont think u guys need the build up but those of u who now me, also know i was looking for a rebuilt t-5 a couple monthes ago. i just never told anyone why.....DONT GO FROM 3RD TO 2ND WHILE BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF AN INTEGRA.....u will lose. and ur engine will reach 9,000 rpms without the assistance of a protroleum based fuel. (not a good thing)second gear exploded....litterally. and the ugly slow stupid integra drove away. (still hurts) the moral of the story is, we all do dumb things.....its just how expensive it is to fix ur messup that messures ur dumbness. o yea and be carefull when takeing the rear seal out of a t-5.... damn things are made of aluminum. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...1/DSCF0216.jpg
Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

probably driving 140+ in my old svo[8D] it was in the middle of nowhere main reason it was stupid the tire were not the newest set had a little dryrot
Old 12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
tarafied1
2nd Gear Member

Well here goes, my first car was a 67 Mustang I bought when I was 15. I had it about ten years so there are many stupid things I have done. Here are the top 5
5) Backed it out of the garage just after painting it with the door open a little to watch where I was going because I didn't have the mirror on yet. The window was up and it caught the egde of the garage. Destroyed the window regualtor but didn'y hurt the door thankfully.
4) My fuel tanksending unit was bad so I ran out of gas more times than I care to remember but once was on a date and I had to walk to a farm house and call my dad to bring me some gas... not a good date!
3) I loaned my 67 to my cousin cuz his car was dead. It was winter and I worried about it the whole night.He made it back to my house without issue, I took him home and turning into his driveway, it slid right into a tree! Bent the hood, grill and bumper.
2) I was driving to my friends house, he lived down a winding hill. I got after it too much and and lost control. I slid sideways in a ditch, poped a tire off the rim and pulled the fuel sending unit out of the tank and ripped off the exhaust.
1) by far the most stupid thing I ever did was street racing. It had four wheel drums. I was racing a 79 Z28, he passed me and I tried to pass him back, we hit about 115 and we came up to a US highway. Our road had a stop sign. He put on the brakes and stopped. I hit the brakes but it only slowed to about 90! I jumped the highway and must have flown a hundred feet. I was lucky no one was coming as I would have killed them and myself!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Not that dumb, but here goes...

July 4th, 2006, sitting at a red light in the rightmost of a 2-lane left turn onto a freeway onramp next to a 95 GT. The GT chirps taking off and I lay into the throttle a little trying to beat him onto the onramp. This is a wide left hand turn, downhill, off camber, on crappy semi-crumbled blacktop.My 67fb has an open rear, 235/60R14 Radial T/A's,and gobs more powerthan the 5.0 with posi and wider, better tires. Pretty soon I'm lookingat the right side guardrail out of my passenger window ('ah crap'), but I keep holding the throttle at 3/4 trying to get a little forward momentum. I finally let off a little and straighten out before sideswiping the guardrail, meanwhile the GT is long gone. As soon as I get on the freeway a cop lights me up. He was passing me in my (rather large) blind spot as it happened, I never saw him until it was too late. I didn't argue it (no real sense in doing so) , and he let me off with a ticket for 'excessive speed', rather than 'exhibition of speed' or 'challenging to race', either of which he had a right to and both of which are misdemeanors.

Quick Reply: Stupidest thing you have ever done with your Mustang....