Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

just got a 66 mustang,no seatbelts, did it come with any?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default RE: just got a 66 mustang,no seatbelts, did it come with any?

I could get you a D/S seat belt for $5 + shipping. I don't have the P/S one tho. It wasn't in the car when I bought it.

Lemme know if you want the belt or not.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ty4my66

I just found the seatbelts for the back, under the seat part! woo hooo i feel better now! maybe the seatbelts for the front are under the carpet!doubt it..
I dont know why the man, an 81 year old would of told me it didnt come with any, guess cuz I am a girl..lol..
jeebus, you guys are slow...

I guess I'll be the first to call it.

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

<grin>

Welcome and get some belts in that car ASAP!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bulldog66

ORIGINAL: ty4my66

I just found the seatbelts for the back, under the seat part! woo hooo i feel better now! maybe the seatbelts for the front are under the carpet!doubt it..
I dont know why the man, an 81 year old would of told me it didnt come with any, guess cuz I am a girl..lol..
jeebus, you guys are slow...

I guess I'll be the first to call it.

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

<grin>

Welcome and get some belts in that car ASAP!
Welcome to Classic Mustangs!

Off Topic is a few scrolls down. That place is bettersuited for the above quoted post.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
mat11089
3rd Gear Member

If you are driving it without right now dont worry cuz theyre only lap belts and a cop cant see on your lap so if he says he pulled you over no seatbelts,hes lying.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:54 PM
1rareX
1st Gear Member

Mat11089 : Get a clue ! Most of us can afford the ticketI would assume. Alot of us even respect the police , I would imagine . Some of us even forget to buckle up occasionally. BUT , it's not about any of that ! She wants to make sure when she goes through an intersection and some drunk or smoked out tweek runs the light or the stop sign , she DOES NOT launch her child into traffic via the front window. As for you , if you don't choose to use a belt and think it is OK cause no cop can see them , then go ahead ... I assume you are an adult , but please for the children's benefit , let's teach them to be safe. G/B ,Bill
Old 04-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

We have quite a lengthy discussion on installing 3 point belts. Use the search engine and go to the FAQ to see how you can do it. The lap belts that came with the early models are better than no seat belt at all, but not by much.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
66GTKFB
5th Gear Member

May I gleefully point out the the Governor of new Jersey did not have his seat belt on and was in a crash, his driver was speeding. That same Governor of New Jersey went home today after three weeks in the hospital. His motorcade was clocked at 15 miles per hour over the limit. Ever get real upset at politicians? Wear a seatbelt. (Insert your own secret word for the underlined one.)
Jim
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

You assume we would do what a friggin politician would do?
That's funny.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 66GTKFB

May I gleefully point out the the Governor of new Jersey did not have his seat belt on and was in a crash, his driver was speeding. That same Governor of New Jersey went home today after three weeks in the hospital. His motorcade was clocked at 15 miles per hour over the limit. Ever get real upset at politicians? Wear a seatbelt. (Insert your own secret word for the underlined one.)
Jim
Actually, my WONDERFUL [end sarcasm] governor's motorcade was doing 91 (26 over the limit)whilebeing driven by a state trooper (the reason it was going so fast).The trooper should get a speeding ticket and some time off, w/o pay and the gov'ner should get s publicly issued ticket for being in a car without his seat belt on, since he pushes soooo hard for the law. The ticket won't mean crap, nor will the fine, but what really needs to happen is he needs to be forced to step down over this.

Our gay gov'ner isn't looking too bad anymore. Bring back McGreevy!!! He may be gay, but he sure as hell ain't a hypocrite!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:55 AM
66GTKFB
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry Anthony, let me add something - 'the Governor of New Jersey, ON HIS WAY HOME AFTER THREE WEEKS IN THE HOSPITAL was clocked at 15 over the limit. The same bit of arrogance was exibited by the driver of the former governor of California, Gray Davis, who was clocked at 90mph on a two lane state highway (46). Do as Isay, not as I do.
And to ty4my66, you should get seatbelts. If you want the best quality reconditioned belts, try www.ssnake-oyl.com All new webbing and re-chromed hardware. National Parts Depot has some 3 point type and some where on the forum there is a long string about them.
Jim

Quick Reply: just got a 66 mustang,no seatbelts, did it come with any?