Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

Old 06-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

I think we've all spoken Soaring, only a few want to seperate it.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:01 AM
NorCalTroy
3rd Gear Member

But it *is* broken, that's the problem. There are several of us who like to discuss modifications to our cars, yet we get chastised, belittled and called names because we do it. This has to stop! Glen can have his section where he controls what is said and the rest of us can openly discuss modifications without the fear of being bashed by the moderator for voicing our opinions. We won't have to worry about on-topic threads getting moved or deleted. We won't have to worry about unnecessary censorship. Keep in mind any search that you do will search both sections, there is no extra work involved.

Look at the following thread as an example:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3331432/tm.htm

Do you guys really enjoy being treated like abused 6 year olds? How about standing up for your rights to openly discuss classic Mustangs in any form! A Mustang is a Mustang whether it is modified or not. This is a solution to a problem that has been present in this section for way too long.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

isnt't the heckling between the two groups part of what makes this forum fun. I may be new but it seems like you all get along even with our differnces in opinion.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

Tony has got a point, it's always fun to see some guy talk about his restomod and then have soaring pop in and tell him it's all about keeping it stock.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:13 AM
NorCalTroy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tony R

isnt't the heckling between the two groups part of what makes this forum fun. I may be new but it seems like you all get along even with our differnces in opinion.
If you consider being called names and being told that your equipment is a POS "fun" than I guess you have a point. However, I would be willing to bet that isn't very many people's idea of fun. Read through the link in my above post and imagine that about 15% - 20% of Glen's posts are like that. He likes to run his section that way and will tell you so because he "doesn't answer to anyone". I feel that type of personal abuse is unnecessary and can be avoided by having a separate section.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:15 AM
JamesW

Well said Troy.

Obviously I support having a Modified Section. This section would allow those who want to ask questions about issues like larger wheels and tires, disc brakes, suspension upgrades, modified engines, T-5s, EFI, digital gages, etc without encroaching on the purist who think these modifications detract from the originality of their Mustangs.

Seems to me that most of the newer members are often asking about things to do to make their cars safer and more fun. These fall into the modified category more often than the basic car criteria.

VMF is a similar forum that has basic, concours,and modified forums. They cohabitate well with most members cover multiple sections. The best part is that there is no bickering or insults there about what constitues a 'real mustang'.

Open up a Modified section and you will find me there 90% of the time helping those with Mustangs .... and yes Hornblower... my 65 Fastback is as much of a Mustang as yours or any other car here.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

I think I might like to change my vote, sure they are both classics, but restomods are not 100% classic. JamesW and Troy got me convinced, there are many things that could benefit from seperate forums. Not so much bickering back and forth, a chance for people who are curious about newer mods for their cars have a cahnce to do so on a forum based on it. I say change it now, I was swayed.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:24 AM
noroof66
3rd Gear Member

Separate. For some reason I think a pure classic section would be a little lonely.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

I'm not saying name calling is fun and if glen is like that it still isnt going to change his personality by moving him to another section.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry.

I'm 23 and don't consider myself a genius but what good does separating them do? Why not everyone just get your tail out between your legs, like what you do to your car, and ignore the negative opinions of others.My car is modified, but I have relied on the knowledge of Soaring and the other traditionalists. I wouldn't have it any other way. If you separate them,I just have to make that many more clicks to check out all the great cars on both ends of the spectrum.

I tell people all the time in the audio section what is the best value for the money, what brands are good and what brands are poor. If someone disagrees I don't whine, I know what I know and can beleive it. If someone disagrees, I don't cry about it, its not my money or time.

There is something to be said about calling names, that is for kids. But isn't it more childish to allow people on the internet to bully you around!

Doesn't company use the slogan, "what makes us different, makes us great"?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote