Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:20 AM
NorCalTroy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

ORIGINAL: five pt oh

this is total BS.

The reality of this poll is:

choice 1= create a 2nd section so that Glen doesn't have to grow up and start being polite to restomoders. And as a result, everyone has to go search two places for help.
or
choice 2= put up with Glen's inmature negativity towards restomods.

Is it really too much to ask for Glen to keep his restomod comments to himself or ask the restomoder's to ignore his efforts to get a rise out of them???

Glen has already been asked (several times) to modify his behavior, however as I have posted before he "doesn't answer to anyone".
I wish I could post some of the PM conversations that he and I have had, but it is against the forum rules to do so.

I also think that a better way to word the poll would be to have a Modified sub-section and a Stock sub-section of the classic section or leave as is. That would be the proper unbiased way to word it.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:22 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

I voted to leave it alone. But, reading all the posts has changed my mind. No offense to the classic guys, but I think theyd'e be searching the restomad section. I think a restomod section would draw a lot of people. Besides, several months ago this topic came up with my EFI post and I said that it would be pretty lonely over there Who will be the restomod administrator. I vote JamesW.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 06-05-2007, 02:26 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

to me its just a mustang only ones like the twister mach1 or shelbys should be restored rest are up to you they are high production cars i know alot of people think there car is rare but face the facts its not to me rare is 6 or less made ever. look at the street rods anyone have a restored 32 ford with a flathead nothing changed it on it. its a car you should enjoy driving it not worried about if it will stop with the none power drums. alot of parts on the early mustang where changed by ford later on for reasons like the points. look at how much changed between 73 and 74
Old 06-05-2007, 02:31 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i dont think we need a seperte section for restomods we need out own off topic
Old 06-05-2007, 02:36 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I think its fine to be all in one section. the section is called CLASSIC MUSTANGS not CONCOURS CLASSIC MUSTANGS. This classic mustang section should be open to EVERYONE whether they restomod or keep it like it was. We are all mustang guys (and even gals) and shouldn't be split under two groups.

However, NorCalTroy and JamesW as well as other members raise very valid issues. I just think we should be left alone in one group, but indeed the chastising and name calling HAS to stop. It all comes down to all of us loving classic mustangs, this forum, and its members. We all just need to get along despite difference of opinion when it comes to how you chose to build your car.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:41 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL, GANG WARS mustang forums edition, restomodders vs. conroursers. i think teh restomoders will use advanced technology to kick ayus, but the concours guys will use tire irons and such to lay a smack down, TWO TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES!! there can be ONLY ONE!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Timelockmind
3rd Gear Member

Default Let's be honest...

Splitting the board makes no sense. Once you've upgraded tires or brakes, or carb, or air conditioning or radio or headlights or shocks or exhasut, or wiring, or anyone of a hundred little things, you no longer have a "pure" Mustang. Did we learn nothing from the Germans? Do we relly want a "master race" of Mustang *****?

Let's be honest here.The issueis Glenn.

Heis an amazing resource for all of us. I greatly respect his knowledge and appreciate his willingness to share. I have learned more from him in the last 9 months than dozen Mustang books I have purchased. Yet, he is also very moody. One day he's tolerant of us "freaks" the next day he hates us. Hemakes me think, he makes me laugh, he makes me really pissed off. And I suspect we do the same to him.

If I could send him a chill pill I would.

I say be kind to him.

We like you, Glen. And I - for one - do not want to leave "home".

Thank you.

I say - chill Glen. We all need your help
Old 06-05-2007, 02:49 AM
five pt oh
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NorCalTroy
Glen has already been asked (several times) to modify his behavior, however as I have posted before he "doesn't answer to anyone".
I wish I could post some of the PM conversations that he and I have had, but it is against the forum rules to do so.

I also think that a better way to word the poll would be to have a Modified sub-section and a Stock sub-section of the classic section or leave as is. That would be the proper unbiased way to word it.
oh yeah, it's out of control all right. We should get a new mod for this section and then let Glen mod a subsection.

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL, GANG WARS mustang forums edition, restomodders vs. conroursers. i think teh restomoders will use advanced technology to kick ayus, but the concours guys will use tire irons and such to lay a smack down, TWO TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES!! there can be ONLY ONE!!!!!!
no reason to pick on all the concoursers when only one of them is causing significant problems.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:52 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

joke five point oh <-- joke face[8D]
Old 06-05-2007, 03:11 AM
five pt oh
2nd Gear Member

Timelockmind- I fully agree with everything you wrote. The only difference for me is that in the short time I've been here, I've already seen this come up over and over, and he's proved he's not going chill. At least not for very long.
ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

joke five point oh <-- joke face[8D]
I know it was a joke...and it was rather funny. At the same time, I don't want anyone to get the impression that there are teams here.

As I see it, we have one guy being offensive, several guys being insulted, and then a whole mess of us that keep getting caught up in the middle. If there were teams, I'd expect to see at least one other person attacking the restomoders the way Soaring does. That just isn't the case. Heck, my car might be even more stock than his, and I don't even agree with bias against the restomod guys. At any rate,I don't want anyone to think that there is"anti restomod team".

anyway, I knew it was a joke. I was just makinga point.

Quick Reply: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote