Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

"Might as Well"

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 PM
dcohen
4th Gear Member

Default RE: "Might as Well"

yea, at my school we have gone through several band directors in the past couple years (im not in band, but some of my friends are) but the new guy we got seems to be really cool, ive talked to him a couple times

but the teachers that i think put in the most work would have to be my 2 FFA advisors, they get to the school early every morning and usually dont leave until 5:30-6
and they are there on saturdays and just about every day over the summer
Old 08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I still havent really been able to do much "Might as well..." stuff. Most of my repair/replace is due to necessity[:@]
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy

I still havent really been able to do much "Might as well..." stuff. Most of my repair/replace is due to necessity[:@]
It is just over the last couple of years that I have been able to do this either.... that is why my long term project never really got done.....

Now that my kids are old enough for their own projects, I finally have the money, + my son has contributedfinancially to a substantial degree to his car, so neither of us are all alone trying to float a project of this size....

Now my younger son's project is a different story,,, I have had to make most of this one happen financially... but he is still a "youngster", and his project has been a lot less involved, and less expensive...but still with it's "might as well" stuff....

Yea it is hard to balance a family budget and to have a project vehicle at the same time,,, the problem has been that Wal Mart, albertsons, and Dillards were in competition for that car dollar for most of my life, and it seems like food, clothes, and shelter always trumped that new intake and carb,,,, that sucks!! I can relate..
Old 08-14-2007, 04:56 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

My wife is being SUPER cool with letting me get stuff. She says that I should get what I can "within reason" while I am still in the army, cuz when I get out things are gonna be tight for awhile, so the big ticket items will cease until we get set up and financially secure. Hope it dont take to long.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

My wife is being SUPER cool with letting me get stuff. She says that I should get what I can "within reason" while I am still in the army, cuz when I get out things are gonna be tight for awhile, so the big ticket items will cease until we get set up and financially secure. Hope it dont take to long.
Are you retiring from the military, or just getting out? I only spent 3 years in the Army and that was enough for me.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Just getting out. I will have almost 9 years done. I was gonna get out in 04, but I got stop lossed. So after a year of involutary service, I re-enlisted so that I could stay in Germany for 3 more years. Got screwed there also. 9 months into the 3 years I got sent to Ft. Sill. I am hoping to get out next April,but my unit has orders to deploy, so they may try to stop loss me again[:@]
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Just getting out. I will have almost 9 years done. I was gonna get out in 04, but I got stop lossed. So after a year of involutary service, I re-enlisted so that I could stay in Germany for 3 more years. Got screwed there also. 9 months into the 3 years I got sent to Ft. Sill. I am hoping to get out next April,but my unit has orders to deploy, so they may try to stop loss me again[:@]
By the time the Iraq war is over, you may have your 20 in. Sorry JMD for robbing your thread.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM
restomod66
3rd Gear Member

Soaring,
I have been teaching since 1986 in the industrial arts/technology education field. I started off teching at the HS level in North Kingstown, RI or Quonset Point(military base). I am now teaching at the middle school level grades 6-8 basically woodworking and manufacturing based curriculum. I enjoy my job greatly as I am sure that you did when you were in action. I have a great shop set-up and do community service projects to help our community with their various needs. It is great to be able to talk to a fellow educator and mustang enthusiast. It would be nice to meet you in person some day!!!! I would like to see old yeller in person!!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:53 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

By the time the Iraq war is over, you may have your 20 in. Sorry JMD for robbing your thread.
I know, that I why I am tryin to get out now. The upcoming will be my fourth deployment, once to Macedonia/Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan, and soon to be Africa. Who knows where else in the future.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Sorry JMD for robbing your thread.
No worries,, I enjoy reading the thread regardless!!

Quick Reply: "Might as Well"