Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:17 AM
janthonyrod

Default New here

My name is Tony and my father gave me His first car its a 67 289k .I was brought home from the hospital at birth in this car and I have worked on this car for as long as i can remember and now its my turn to keep her going. the car has been siting up for about 15 years and I have all the original parts but they are in boxes mostly. I hope to get some advice on steps to restoration ect. I would like to modify the car a bit but dont want to completly chop her up.This will be a full restore. I hope to have her driving ASAP but figure it will take 2 years to get where i want.

Tony R [align=right][/align]

Old 08-22-2007, 01:43 AM
kj1977

Default RE: New here

Welcome! I am sure that you find the infinite wisdom from these guys as useful as I have on my first endeavor with an early mustang. These guys know their stuff and you always get second and third opinions on just about anything you can think up. Enjoy!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forum read the faq theres tons of links from parts to info
Old 08-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Being brought home in that K code after you were born has to be an attachment you will never be able to shake. Welcome to the wonderful world of classic Mustangs, and welcome to our site.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I wish my car had a family history story behind it. It doesnt yet, but it will for my daughter. And I guess it will have to end there as she will NEVER have children
Old 08-22-2007, 08:15 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy

I wish my car had a family history story behind it. It doesnt yet, but it will for my daughter. And I guess it will have to end there as she will NEVER have children
Haha, that one got me laughing, my stang was passed on to me through my mom who took it to college back in the day .
Old 08-22-2007, 09:18 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

Awww...memories. Just too bad that I don't have too many of them for my car...yet. Welcome to the forums and good luck!

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: janthonyrod

My name is Tony and my father gave me His first car its a 67 289k .I was brought home from the hospital at birth in this car and I have worked on this car for as long as i can remember and now its my turn to keep her going. the car has been siting up for about 15 years and I have all the original parts but they are in boxes mostly. I hope to get some advice on steps to restoration ect. I would like to modify the car a bit but dont want to completly chop her up.This will be a full restore. I hope to have her driving ASAP but figure it will take 2 years to get where i want.

Tony R [align=right][/align]
Welcome Tony!!

Unless someone joins who was actually born in a Mustang, I think you have the record here for the "youngest member to ride in a classicMustang" all sewn up!!

Congrats on your Mustang, and I hope you have a great time getting that car back on the road! M/F can be a great help in this regard. As already mentioned there is a huge knowledge base to be drawn from on this forum. If you have any question about a classic Mustang, I would wager that it can be answered here.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 AM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

Welcome fellow Classic Mustang owner!

You've come to the right place - make sure to read through the FAQ section as there are TONS of great info already posted there. It will save you many hours of searching for stuff and also give you lots of ideas that you might not have thought of for your Mustang.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM
coda618
3rd Gear Member

Welcome. That is a great story behind your car. I wish I still had my first from back in college. By the way, first, as many here will ultimately tell you, it is your car do as you like. However, if it is a true K code HIPO 289 car, it is rare and valuable. I would not go crazy with any mods. It will be more valuable and a great peice of history if rebuilt to original specs.

Good luck.