Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Goodbye all

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:00 AM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Goodbye all

and a 2 door..a real babe magnet
Old 08-23-2007, 11:01 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: five pt oh

ORIGINAL: Norm Peterson

I'm not sure that it's possible to moderate without introducing some of your own slant to things.
I totally disagree. The forum has rules, the moderator makes sure those rules are followed. Period.

If they also want to be a contributing member, then that's great. But every other comment(not related tokeep order and enforcing the rules) thata mod makes should weighno more than anything any other member says. Thus, they're "slant on things" is no more important that any other member's slant.
In a perfect world your statement would be right, but that ain't so. As humans our personal preferences are displayed in everything we do, whether we want to admit it or not.

IMO, a moderator must inject more than just the "rules" especially consideringthe very general rules governing this forum. If certain discussions are not disallowed, then we will have a classic section that discusses everything, every kind and brand of car, and occasionally actually discuss classic Mustangs....

Don't believe me? Visit the street strip section of Mustang Forums..... You will see plenty of info on Corvettes, Camaro's, STI's and other rice, and some info about Mustangs too...... I started one thread in that section,,, it got locked down because it (I) was too "anti rice",,,

Draw your own conclusions, but IMO a good moderator must also monitor and control the content of his or her section, and a good Moderator will try to keep the "flavor" of the section as to what the members would expect, this requires judgment calls that are not spelled out in the rules.

Judgment calls arewhat pisses people off. That said, considering my experience in the street / strip section, and the way judgment calls are made there, I just don't post there that often, because IMO it kind of sucks, this due to judgment calls.Extend this out to the Classic Section and it's success, and Glen will have to be given some credit for getting a lot of stuff right. What does the future hold? forum anarchy or a "moderated" section... I think that I have picked up a little about what must be done to maintain a good classic section, but I think the administration knows a hell of a lot more than I do, so I think they will move forward while maintaining good continuity,,, but this ain't going to be done by just "enforcing the rules".
Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: JMD

ORIGINAL: five pt oh

ORIGINAL: Norm Peterson

I'm not sure that it's possible to moderate without introducing some of your own slant to things.
I totally disagree. The forum has rules, the moderator makes sure those rules are followed. Period.

If they also want to be a contributing member, then that's great. But every other comment(not related tokeep order and enforcing the rules) thata mod makes should weighno more than anything any other member says. Thus, they're "slant on things" is no more important that any other member's slant.
In a perfect world your statement would be right, but that ain't so. As humans our personal preferences are displayed in everything we do, whether we want to admit it or not.

IMO, a moderator must inject more than just the "rules" especially consideringthe very general rules governing this forum. If certain discussions are not disallowed, then we will have a classic section that discusses everything, every kind and brand of car, and occasionally actually discuss classic Mustangs....

Don't believe me? Visit the street strip section of Mustang Forums..... You will see plenty of info on Corvettes, Camaro's, STI's and other rice, and some info about Mustangs too...... I started one thread in that section,,, it got locked down because it (I) was too "anti rice",,,

Draw your own conclusions, but IMO a good moderator must also monitor and control the content of his or her section, and a good Moderator will try to keep the "flavor" of the section as to what the members would expect, this requires judgment calls that are not spelled out in the rules.

Judgment calls arewhat pisses people off. That said, considering my experience in the street / strip section, and the way judgment calls are made there, I just don't post there that often, because IMO it kind of sucks, this due to judgment calls.Extend this out to the Classic Section and it's success, and Glen will have to be given some credit for getting a lot of stuff right. What does the future hold? forum anarchy or a "moderated" section... I think that I have picked up a little about what must be done to maintain a good classic section, but I think the administration knows a hell of a lot more than I do, so I think they will move forward while maintaining good continuity,,, but this ain't going to be done by just "enforcing the rules".
I tend to let things go pretty far in there. There has always been and always will be a certain amout of smack talking in racing (whether on the track or street) but there comes a point when a 15 page bitch session needs to die (*cough this thread *cough). If all we read about in the S&S section was races about Mustangs it would get stale rather fast.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
03Mach69Mach
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fastbackford351

Jeezus pleezus....You guys sound like a bunch of bickering wash women.

Ding Dong the Witch is dead.

Get over it. Soaring leaving this forum won't affect the price of rum one ioda.
If he was a dick to his "bosses" then he gets what he gets.

I wish the crotchity old bastard all the best but damn people,

LET THIS THREAD DIE!!
Amen! They just got rid of him as a moderator, not bannished him from the site. If he sticks around, he can post all the opininions he wants just like regular folk. I personally hope he stays as it keeps the threads lively. I can only go with what Mgmt has said was the reason for his removal and if it's good enough for them, then hey, it's thier forum.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

for those who dont know, the S&S section is comprised of owners of just about every conceivable make and model of vehicle..from built imports, to every variation of mustangs, corvettes..camaros..etc. some people dont like that we allow 'nonners' to post in there and around the site, but so long as someone is civil and keeps to the rules, they are permitted to stay. our S&S section is unlike most others, based on the fact that if you want to know about racing some other vehicle, the odds are good that we have someone who owns the car in question. at the same time, it is difficult for the moderators of that section to watch over it, and know when to draw the line to prevent pointless bickering. many sites dont have a race section, because many of the threads turn into pissing matches, but considering the size, i think that our moderators in that section do a great job of letting people lock horns a bit, without letting chaos rule.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:18 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: 2 kwik

while I CAN'T say anything good about glen..I'm not going to bash him.....what I am going to say is if a new mod is selected they need to have either a mustang or a big interest in them..we don't need another camaro mod as it has and does cause flair ups... we don't need a mod aka school teacher type..like before. A mod should also contribute to the ford family..just my 2 cents
How original Frank. If I recall correctly you were taken off the mod team because for whatever reason you cracked up. I have not had hardly any complaints about me being a mod, I don't see how it stirs up trouble. Think what you want about me, but I do share a common interest with the members here, and I am very active in performance/racing scene. I have actually shown proof of what I do, unlike you who claims to make house payments from street racing, has all these amazing cars, yet has only one pic of a 1st gen Camaro. If you have problems with me being a mod here take it up with Pat or Chris.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

so, i have to ask, as there have been continued requests to close this thread...since people dont seem to care for my obviously strict means of doing things, ill leave it upto the group...is there a second to lock this thread?
As a classic owner, I second the motion to lock this thread. All in favor? eye
Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Stu083V

not to mention thatvfast threw a tantrum and erased all of his stickied topics.

at leastsoaring left with dignity.

I have read through this whole post, and I will second locking the thread.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

yeah...im going to have to agree, this thread should probably be locked. if theres one thing ive learned about forums its that everyone takes things way to seriously. this whole dilemma is rediculous and all this fuss is getting old. i for one could really care less who is mod.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

so, per the request of 3 members, and a moderator, plus several more via PM, I will lock this thread.

I will close, by once again thanking glen for his efforts here, and I wish him well in his future endeavors.