Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Goodbye all

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:04 PM
xian67
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Goodbye all

dont leave youve helped me out so much
Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Too bad. With the exception of JamesW, I learned more here from Glen than every other mod here combined. Actually I've never even heard of some of the mods responding.

What a waste.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-22-2007, 09:09 PM
coda618
3rd Gear Member

Wow, ride of the month, if you are referring to me, I am no post *****-to make that statements ignorant. Have you ever read any of my other posts. I think not. I offer as much help and input as I get. And I did not make fun of Mustag II's. IMO they are classic cars as well.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 65Raven65

Too bad. With the exception of JamesW, I learned more here from Glen than every other mod here combined. Actually I've never even heard of some of the mods responding.

What a waste.
[align=left][/align]
that would likely be because the mods here, for the most part, have assigned sections and specialty knowledge. There are likely members in the 4.6 section who arent very familiar with glen.

Some of you may not know who I am, although ive made threads in this section before, although in at least one instance, glen erased my thread because he didnt see how it was pertinant.

coda618, my comment was in no way intended for you. The person who to whom I was speaking knows who he is, and I deleted his thread mocking the Mustang IIs. i dont believe that clu7ch was referring to you either.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: coda618

Wow, ride of the month, if you are referring to me, I am no post *****-to make that statements ignorant. Have you ever read any of my other posts. I think not. I offer as much help and input as I get. And I did not make fun of Mustag II's. IMO they are classic cars as well.
I know for a fact that Pat was referring to an Off-Topic member who trolled into the classic section recently to cause trouble.

EDIT: Oops - I see that Pat already responded to you in the above post
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RSRXION

I'll be the first to admit that Glen got my goat a few times. I just discounted it as being a typical Texan. They can't help it you know, it's in the water down there. The decision's been made and the fat lady has sung. Hopefully Glen will stick around , if he doesn't... that's his call. It won't change how I do things. Dean

Brilliant! This from a guy from armpit arkansas. This thread has spiraled from personal attacks, to attacks on a whole region.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Who is Nanuk (or whatever his name is) and why is he posting here? Clearly a low class petty individual.

Anyway, Soaring I for one have nothing to say but thank you!!!!! You wisdom, insite and willingness to offer a helping hand is commendable. You know what, petty thin skinned people who have no tollerance for opionions that don't match their own are what's wrong with this country today or that are so sensitive they can't the occassion disagreement or harsh tone/language. To all these sensitive types, grow up and be a man/woman.

"It's too bad your opinions and views were so drastic." Sidewayz6.0-Another person I have never seen a post from on this forum-what was drastic about having your own opinion? I have never seen Glen post anything drastic or outlandish, where did you come from?

Amanda-out of all the mods you seem like the most decent. However, although Glen has come off gruff from time to time, I personally have never witnessed anything drastic or abusive. He has almost always posted some input to any of my questions and I have always appreciated his input and never once been offended.

To the other individual (my77stang) who felt he had to post a couple of select quotes to demonstrate what the other mods had to deal with (right after some other mod said it was a private thing between glen and the othermods)let me just say, boo hoo, did the little baby's feelings get hurt. Get over it. Also presenting only half the story is a cowardly thing to do in my opnion.

Glen started this post to say good buy. I don't recall him bashing any of the other mods in his post, yet, all these other mods, most of which I have never seen a post from, felt the need to come here and clarify what a B**tard Glen is. Cheap and cowardly. (yes you Nanuk and my77stang, sorry if I hurt you wittle feelwings)

People have strong opinions and I on occassion did not agree with some of Glens. However, I respect them. He is a voice of reason in this forum when often the first thing some others recomend toa newb is a tunnel ram triple port quad do dad or some other off the wall stuff.

If the mods had issues w/ Glen and you came to an agreement that he would step down, coming on this post to trash him after, when I have never seen a post from the majority of you before is completely classless.

Glen, you are a gentleman in my eyes. You know what, now and again some people need to be told to go F*** themselves. Don't take no S**t from anyone. Again, thank you sir. And, I for one would like to see you stick around. From a New Yorker, I'd just like to say to all the other mods, Don't Mess with Texas!

I quess I will be asked to step down now too.....

First of all, if you had stepped out of the classic forum once in a while, you'd see there is WAY more to this site than just 64-71's or whatever. I've never seen one of your posts anywhere either. Where did you come from? I have a fox body, and have owned a few Mustangs in the past, but never a classic. It's not a car that holds much of my interest, so I generally avoid this section unless there is a need for me to step in.

My point is that I happen to like the guy. I thought he was a little out of line at times, but I busted his ***** in the mod room on a regular basis, and he and I ribbed each other frequently. He's been a good sport with me. I never once said anything about him not having his own views. I said they were drastic, and he voiced them that way. "His way or the highway" Isn't a good plan when you're trying to keep 75,000 members with 100 different models of the same car happy.

But of course in your short time as a member here, you've seen everything, and know how it works. Or even have an idea of how much time, and man power it takes to keep a site this size running smoothly. Perhaps you don't know the complete story. Glen is a good guy, I still like him, and I'm sorry to see him go. However, I agree with admin's decision to have Glen become a regular member. Which I truly hope he remains.

You know how the saying goes, if you don't know the whole story...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 65Raven65

ORIGINAL: RSRXION

I'll be the first to admit that Glen got my goat a few times. I just discounted it as being a typical Texan. They can't help it you know, it's in the water down there. The decision's been made and the fat lady has sung. Hopefully Glen will stick around , if he doesn't... that's his call. It won't change how I do things. Dean

Brilliant! This from a guy from armpit arkansas. This thread has spiraled from personal attacks, to attacks on a whole region.
right, and if this thread becomes a pissing match about states, ill just remove it.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:20 PM
coda618
3rd Gear Member

"These people you are referring to are long standing mods and admin. They may not come in here often to post cause they have their own respective sections to moderate.Forget the fact that he had "disagreements" with members. This came about because he couldn't follow the rules set out for all the mods and he was disrespectful to the mods who let him be a mod here on the site. This isn't because of his opinion on things!

Jebus, does anyone use their head and read before posting here? WTF! "

Clu7ch, clearly you don't. I am sorry that they edited your post where the first thing you do in your response is to call me a tool. Thanks for proving my point about thin skinned people.

Is YOU had carefully read my post, you would realize my point and that I am on the money. Glen started this post to say goodbye. I did not see him bash any of the other mods in this post, did you? Yet, these mods that are,as you say long term mods and admins that may not post here but post frequently in other forums is exactly my point. To show up here all of a sudden to badmouthGlen unprovoked. that is, in my opinion, classless. If they came to an agreement that he would step down, can they not have the decensy to let him say goodbye without piling on.

And, why don't you go back and read the posts. Some of the mods did comment about his opinions. So again, feel free to take you own advice and take your head out of your a** before posting. Clearly analysis and debate is not your forte.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

"These people you are referring to are long standing mods and admin. They may not come in here often to post cause they have their own respective sections to moderate.Forget the fact that he had "disagreements" with members. This came about because he couldn't follow the rules set out for all the mods and he was disrespectful to the mods who let him be a mod here on the site. This isn't because of his opinion on things!

Jebus, does anyone use their head and read before posting here? WTF! "

Clu7ch, clearly you don't. I am sorry that they edited your post where the first thing you do in your response is to call me a tool. Thanks for proving my point about thin skinned people.

Is YOU had carefully read my post, you would realize my point and that I am on the money. Glen started this post to say goodbye. I did not see him bash any of the other mods in this post, did you? Yet, these mods that are,as you say long term mods and admins that may not post here but post frequently in other forums is exactly my point. To show up here all of a sudden to badmouthGlen unprovoked. that is, in my opinion, classless. If they came to an agreement that he would step down, can they not have the decensy to let him say goodbye without piling on.

And, why don't you go back and read the posts. Some of the mods did comment about his opinions. So again, feel free to take you own advice and take your head out of your a** before posting. Clearly analysis and debate is not your forte.
Actually, he did. And it was deleted. So here again with the not knowing the whole story.

Quick Reply: Goodbye all