Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

tons of info need for a 351 C Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Default RE: tons of info need for a 351 C Mach 1

Hey,, your from louisiana,, Where at?? Last name Brousard??
Old 08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

He must be in Baton Rouge, considering his screenname. I'm sure BR has engine shops that are similar to those in Houston. I too have had great luck with PER (Precision Engine Rebuilders) but I would not have a performance engine built by them.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

Why not? Just curious. I have had one by them and 3 by T-bolt and all I do is tell them what I want and them supply them with the parts. I have never raced them ata track but they sure havefelt the heat on the street. Plus if you do not have the heads or the parts you want they get them at a big discount. Saved me a bundle on the 312 Yblock I had rebuilt.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
pbrous8@lsu.edu

New Iberia, why do you ask boogerschnot?
I plan to drive it on the streets mostly but race it everynowandthen just for fun. Basically I want to bump up the hp to ~400 but still retain that authentic factory look to a certain extent.
I'll ask my dad what code it is but I think you're right hyena 429, though 180 HP is kindof a let down considering it can(used to be able to) give you a ride by the seat of your pants experience from red light to red light.
Thanks for the link Fordication.
what parts can I get to acheive my power goal without going overboard and murdering my wallet?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Well, Im from Iota, just between crowley and Jennings, north of the I-10.. know anyone from around there? I also know a guy that just started working on the New Iberia Police force named Brandon Lafosse,, Its just good to see a fellow cajun on mustangforums.. im in san diego right now, and would kill for a couple of boxes of Richards Sausage.. (hot) and some Craklins from that meat market in Scott on the I-10..
Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

I don't really have a specific reason, I've just always considered them to be an assembly line type of rebuilder. The last engine I bought from PER had a broken bolt in the head. They were great about fixing it, sent 2 guys out the next day to drill and ez-out it. As far as stock, no problem, but I'd want a little more attention to detail on a performance build.

I'm not slamming them, just giving an opinion. It's worth what you paid for it too ............
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
pbrous8@lsu.edu

well, my grand parents were married in Iota, and I have a few relatives around the crowely and lafayette area. any chances Brandon could help on some traffic tickets? Just joking.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:26 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Wow.. Well its a small world.. were your grand parents from here? You know any Myers's ,, They will probably know my grand parents, Dave and Gloria Sonnier, they owned Daves Grocery in Iota..
Old 08-30-2007, 11:43 AM
pbrous8@lsu.edu

No, My grand parents were from New Iberia and Lafayette but I think one of them had realtives in Iota. The Broussard Side is the one that would probably have the Iota relatives, my grandma's side is from New Iberia, the Delahoussey side. I know some myer's but not those in particular, my grandma most likely does though.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Thats cool..

Quick Reply: tons of info need for a 351 C Mach 1