Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Can we talk ANTI-THEFT for a bit folks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:29 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can we talk ANTI-THEFT for a bit folks?

ORIGINAL: ldollar

Hey Brian,
For some reason I thought you were in Cali too... was I mistaken?

But yeah, in San Francisco last year voters passes a law that would BAN private ownership of guns. The SFPD volunteered to take your guns at no charge, if you can believe that $hit. Fortunately, the law never took effect because thanks to the NRA the vote was overturned as it was a Constitional violation. But when over 60% of a city's residents vote to have handguns outlawed, these people are seriously delusional about who the REAL threat is. There is a lot of good coming out of the Bay Area and I love San Francisco as much as anyone here, just not SF politics.

In Oakland, the police spent a weekend at the Oakland Colisseum (which is in deep East Oakland) collecting guns in exchange for FREE Guns N' Roses tickets. I wonder how many Raiders fans dropped off their guns for free GnR tix?!?
Hahahahahahahaha, let's give away free Guns N Roses tickets in exchange for guns in a neighborhood that is 80% African American. There were 5 people killed in this 'hood over Labor Day weekend alone.

The Alameda County Sheriff (which encompasses Oakland) has not signed off on ONE concealed weapons permit in the ?how many? years that he has been Sheriff. And last year Oakland had 158 homicides (This is a city that only has 400,000 people). So far this year there have been 92 homicides (not counting tonight). Aside from Compton, New Orleans and maybe Detroit, no other city has more homicides PER CAPITA. Don't tell me about L.A. NYC Dallas etc, I am not talking sheer numbers here.

Anyways, I just get fired up because even as a law abiding gun owner, I feel like a criminal sometimes.
Yea I am, I'm originally from the southern part of the valley, now living in San Diego. I have two rifles and a shotgun, all of which I legally use for hunting and target shooting. This state is so liberal that I have to go about 45 minutes or further inland to go shoot my guns outside of an enclosed range, it's irritating.

Isn't it legal in Texas to shoot to kill for any property crime? I wish that Texas would teach the California prison system a thing or two about how to carry out the death sentence. It is pathetic how long our killers sit on the row. A condemned inmate is more likely to die of old age/natural causes than to actually be executed. I think the average time on death row in Cali is like 15-20 years!
I agree with you entirely. I too would like to see us take on an outlook similar to Texas in many regards, especially when it comes to capital punishment. Essentially the main reason I dislike CA is how the majority of the state is as far left wing as it can be, and I am not.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:37 AM
390bigblock
2nd Gear Member

ya i no wut you mean i have a rifle and i have to drive 40 50 min to shoot that or my shot gun but theres a indoor range 20 min away i can take my hand gun to shoot but ya its really annoying
Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 390bigblock

ya i no wut you mean i have a rifle and i have to drive 40 50 min to shoot that or my shot gun but theres a indoor range 20 min away i can take my hand gun to shoot but ya its really annoying
I refuse to pay to shoot at an indoor range. Only thing I will pay for is ammunition, and a hunting license. You would actually be surprised at the number of indoor shooting ranges down here, I just don't want to pay for a membership.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 AM
390bigblock
2nd Gear Member

haha i have a freind that works at one so i dont have any fees always good to have someone on the inside i hate indoor ranges just not as fun as outdoor and i dont like shooting my pistol its alittle walther p22 .22 cal no fun i like shooting my 270 winchester rifle nothing good like a sore shoulder after a long day at the range
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 AM
ldollar
I ♥ Acer

i understand... i have had my .357 for about 3 years now and have never shot it anywhere but indoor ranges. I hear gunshots on a semi-regular basis so I know it is possible to shoot on the street but fortunately my enemy list is a short one.

i need to get out of the city more and find a place where i can shoot some cans or play some redneck games!!!

it is hard for conservatives to survive here in Cali but at least socal has a conservative base. here in norcal, if you are not liberal, you are not normal. i bill myself as a conservative democrat because i am pretty liberal on most issues but on certain issues i would be considered very conservative. i appreciate a lot of the republican ideologies but i have a hard time finding a place for much of it in my daily life. and i see too much grit out here to be able to turn my back on it.

i wont go into politics here. its always an explosive topic.
i can get along with anyone because i think everyone has a right to their own opinion and respect. that is all i would expect from anyone else.

by the way, i love san diego. i have 2 cousins down there, both lawyers. my dads family is from south orange county (san clemente) and i get down there occasionally. great weather, beautiful women, nice beaches, beautiful women. oh am i repeating myself? oops. nevermind.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:55 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 390bigblock

haha i have a freind that works at one so i dont have any fees always good to have someone on the inside i hate indoor ranges just not as fun as outdoor and i dont like shooting my pistol its alittle walther p22 .22 cal no fun i like shooting my 270 winchester rifle nothing good like a sore shoulder after a long day at the range
Haha, yea I have a 12 gauge, .270, and a ruger 10/22 and that little rifle is fun. My buddy had a get together the other weekend at his grandpa's ranch and I got to shoot an AK-47, now that was fun. Also got a chance to shoot a .44 mag, .357, .40 cal and .38 cal handguns, overall was a great weekend.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 AM
390bigblock
2nd Gear Member

haha yup good old redneck games i went to my cousins house in wyoming for a week and we could shoot on his property!!!! loved it...and i try to go to LA/ san diego atleast 5 times a year you have to love the women there, every were you go
Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 AM
390bigblock
2nd Gear Member

those are boring guns once youve shot a 50 cal sniper.....old gramps in utah has a 50 sniper that we picked up earlier this year he also has the 10.22 full auto real fun and a mini 14 real fun 2 so many guns hes been collecting since he was 18 its like a museum at his house
Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

i understand... i have had my .357 for about 3 years now and have never shot it anywhere but indoor ranges. I hear gunshots on a semi-regular basis so I know it is possible to shoot on the street but fortunately my enemy list is a short one.

i need to get out of the city more and find a place where i can shoot some cans or play some redneck games!!!

it is hard for conservatives to survive here in Cali but at least socal has a conservative base. here in norcal, if you are not liberal, you are not normal. i bill myself as a conservative democrat because i am pretty liberal on most issues but on certain issues i would be considered very conservative. i appreciate a lot of the republican ideologies but i have a hard time finding a place for much of it in my daily life. and i see too much grit out here to be able to turn my back on it.

i wont go into politics here. its always an explosive topic.
i can get along with anyone because i think everyone has a right to their own opinion and respect. that is all i would expect from anyone else.

by the way, i love san diego. i have 2 cousins down there, both lawyers. my dads family is from south orange county (san clemente) and i get down there occasionally. great weather, beautiful women, nice beaches, beautiful women. oh am i repeating myself? oops. nevermind.
Haha, yea I understand what you mean by a conservative democrat, essentially I'm a moderate with conservative tendencies. I have noticed nor cal is way too liberal for me, doubt I could survive up there, I mean I like the bay area and most of nor cal is very scenic, just not my cup of tea.

Politics are always loaded, that's why I generally shy away or straight up avoid talking about them, just makes things more simple IMO.

I must say SD is very nice, especially lately with this heat wave girls wearing bikinis walking down the street, now that is some good scenery.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:04 AM
ldollar
I ♥ Acer

oh yes,
every place has its perks, doesnt it? i cant imagine living in wyoming but i think i would be sick with lust if i lived in LA or San Diego. There are lots of beautiful women in SF but they are all yuppy business girls... like my wife, which i do like very much. i could handle watching the beach bunnies rollerblading by all day long but i would probably never get anything done.
At least my neighborhood is full of dreaded out tattooed hippy girls (who are hot in their own stoned kinda way) so the temptation is just not there. plus if the smell of my Mustang fumes doesnt scare them off, the roar of my exhaust will make sure they are not riding their bike in MY lane!!! Haha, just kidding anyways. Peace love and happiness. Even the old hippies in Berkeley love to stare at my car, its pretty funny.

Quick Reply: Can we talk ANTI-THEFT for a bit folks?