Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

monte carlo bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
ldollar
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: monte carlo bars

I have heard that a LOT of people have had trouble putting their monte carlo bars in. i guess thats why a lot of people dont have them still. i got lucky that mine was in when i bought it but there are a lot of marks around it that would lead me to believe that it was not a smooth fit.

If you think there is any way that you can beat it into shape, that might be less frustrating and yield better results than having another one shipped out. Even from another manufacturer/distributor, I have to think the product would be the same or very close to it.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:41 PM
ky
America ftw

wow, i guess i just got SUPER lucky then....cause my EXPORT brace was a bich to put it but my monte carlo bar couldnt have fit any better. it lined up PERFECTLY. i got a straight black one at Mustang Magic.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:03 PM
ford65stang
2nd Gear Member

mine fits like yours as well, I still haven't put it in the car. I bought mine from laurel mountian mustang, but it was about 6 months before I noticed it wouldn't fit, so ill have to use the hammer [:@]
Old 10-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Oxnard Montalvo
4th Gear Member

IMHO stay away from the chrome ones. Cut the bar at both ends, bend and form the brackets to really fit tight to the inner fenders with their complex angles, install the brackets, weld the bar back on the brackets, remove the bar, paint it all nicey-nice and reinstall.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:27 PM
390bigblock1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Oxnard Montalvo

IMHO stay away from the chrome ones. Cut the bar at both ends, bend and form the brackets to really fit tight to the inner fenders with their complex angles, install the brackets, weld the bar back on the brackets, remove the bar, paint it all nicey-nice and reinstall.
haha thats y to much work just send it back
Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I got my export brace and mont bar from Oklahoma classic mustangs. The brace was a pain to get in even after the car sat on stands for about a 3 weeks while doing suspension. The monte carlo bar fit just as crappy as yours, and I got pissed and sent it sailing across the front yard after I broke the 2nd fender bolt. I still have it in the garage, maybe someday I will get around to trying it again, ........ maybe.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Oxnard Montalvo
4th Gear Member

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Oxnard Montalvo

[/blockquote]
haha thats y to much work just send it back

But in the long run it's worth it. Fits perfect.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

Don't quote me on this,but I was told by a local mustang guru to jack up one side of the car untill it lines up,then bolt it on. Repeat on the other side if needed.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

i got a black one from NPD that fit similar to that, i just beat the **** out of it. fits fine now.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

I dont want to marr up the chrome or I would cut it and weld it. I dont want to paint it since the export brace is chrome. If mustangs plus doesn't return my email by tomorrow I will give them a call on tuesday. I expect better quality than this. Its not like they haven't had 40 years to perfect their parts.

Quick Reply: monte carlo bars