Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Our backwards resto....66 vert!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 AM
gooser
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jamieNerikas66stang
i ordered my door panels from mustangs plus, all of the interior is from them
i'm sorry. i meant the door itself not the panel.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

if these speakers will fit, i promise you that you'll LOVE the sound

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3066/CL6E...l-Speakers.htm
Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

All doors are the same, only the panel, handle, etc. changes for the pony interior.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
sschanz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jamieNerikas66stang

passenger door ready to hang
The door panels really turned out great. Nice job.

I really want those door panels for my '66. Can I use those with standard interior? I know the door handles are different, and large base with the pony. I am concerned that if I use smaller standard door handles, it won't looks right. Thoughts??

Or if I just add Pony handles, wonder if I can get rid of the woodgrain? That is the only thing holding me up as my car has no woodgrain.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:28 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

well to start i want to tell you a quick something about myself...

everyone would describe me as being to nice and to generous, i am always the first to help someone, give something i own to someone, parts, tools, etc,...knowing there has been things i will never see again,...sometimes my girlfriend gets mad cause i give so much stuff away,...

i would say in the last two months i have given away probably 2k$ in parts laying around and tools, to friends, people i have met at meets, people who have needed things,...etc...and never see anything in return,...>EVER!

it was a nice sunny day in NJ today with no rain,..finally,...so i decided to take the 4 cars i own for a nice ride and wash them all today,...

as i pulled back to my house in the mustang, the last ride of the day and wash,...i parked it in front of my house, started washing the car, and within 3 minutes a older man stopped in his car, and started talking to me,...after a 20 minutes conversation he says "i have a 66 center console and a ton of other 66 parts sitting in my garage that i have no need for, and you are more then welcome to come and pick them up", he lives 3.2 miles from my house, so after dinner he calls me and says "are you coming or what", i hopped in the car and headed over not expecting much,...

well to my suprise there is a ton of parts,...the two major ones i got are a 66 BLACK center console,..COMPLETE! in almost perfect condition!!!!!!!!!!!!and a 66 woodgrain wheel with NO CRACKS!!!!

so i asked him how much he wanted, and he told me to take them for nothing, he has no use, and he would rather see someone use them,...i could not explain to this guy how much this meant to me,...

i am sorry if this sounds gay, but this totally has made my day, week, month, year or whatever,...and thought this would be a good mustang story to tell,...

this was over 1000$ in parts for just these two things,...i will get pics of these parts up tomorrow

i just wanted to say RIP grandpop and thank you for teaching me to be this way,...

pics of console,...

Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

Old 07-06-2009, 04:44 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Why didnt you get the scat rear seat upholstery to match?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

What else do you have to do to it?
Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
groho
4th Gear Member

curious, did the dog come with the console and wheel? that alone was worth the trip. hey, good things happen to good people. keep the faith!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
What else do you have to do to it?
trunk floors, outter wheel houses, full quater panels, paint, new top, done, sell get fastback

haha

i didnt get scat rears cause i love the look of the pony interior and the pony on the seats, it still matches very well

Quick Reply: Our backwards resto....66 vert!