Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

STOLEN !!! Camaros in Northwest Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:28 PM
RSRXION
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: STOLEN !!! Camaros in Northwest Arkansas

I understand your points and each of you is correct in thinking the way you do ... on the surface. I certainly don't blame you for questioning the inside info stuff. There are a few important points I need to make.

Firstly when I say these cars are underinsured, they were insured only to the cost of his purchase. Insurance does not cover the prospective profit on each car. When you consider that he had already received a LARGE deposit on one of them... he lost that potential profit. Simply put... if he bought it for a dollar and it was really worth 10... he's only going to get 1 dollar from the insurance company.

Second, there were other cars in the showroom more valuable than some of these Camaros. If this was an insurance scam, they'd be the first ones taken.

Third, the method of entry into the building was slow and methodical. Prying open a door would have been much faster. Whoever these guys were... they had this planned to a T.

Lastly, if this were an insurance deal... why not burn the whole building and its' contents ? Fuel, batteries etc ... would be easy enough to explain away and the building is not sprinkled.

As for the fingerprints, not a single print anywhere. The guy who ran from the recovered car can be seen wearing gloves in the cops camera video. Fortunately, he left some things behind in the car
Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 AM
DanK69RustangVert
2nd Gear Member

As for insurance, any of you ever have a wreck where your car was totaled? Have a car stolen?

In the wreck instance, did you have to deal with your own insurance company? Did you get the REAL value for your car in the end? I doubt the owner was in it, it may be poss., but I still doubt it.

If the cars were undersigned for value owed (Which is not uncommon for dealers) he only gets what he has in them, and he may well owe on them. In the end he could pay the debts on the cars stolen but would probably NOT put him at all ahead financially, he would still have debts on property, payroll, taxes, etc.

Trying to collect insurance is usually desperate a last ditch effort.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
RolandT3Speed
2nd Gear Member

Looks like the thieves went to Australia!
"A rare red 1971 Phase III GT HO Ford Falcon Sedan registration number 71 HO valued at over $600,000 was stolen out of the J & M Caporale Auto Body Repairs shop in Osborne Park, Australia."

I didn't know a Falcon could be worth $600,000!

Interesting, similar MO.

Perhaps there's an international version of Gone in 60 Seconds?