Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

whats been going on guys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:55 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: whats been going on guys?

honestly keep the car and leave at your parents house or something and just save and buy a beater what happened to the fox you had?? your gonna lose your butt on the amount you have invested
Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

honestly keep the car and leave at your parents house or something and just save and buy a beater what happened to the fox you had?? your gonna lose your butt on the amount you have invested
i would want too but they told me it has too go or there gunna sell it and give me whatever they get for it and knowing them they would let it go for $1000. i sold the fox and got an 01 escape but i have to give that escape too my brother on his 16th in july.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:30 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Sell the parts you haven't installed.
Park the car and buy a beater.

If you sell the car now you will lose your shirt.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:41 PM
remicks
4th Gear Member

+1 with dodgestang, you will make so much more money with parting out. Just list on craigslist or ebay. Save the car, I regretted selling my 66 after having to move from NJ to MI until I bought my 67. Now I'm moving from MI to CA and I'm going to get the car shipped.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

convince a friend and park it at their house
Old 11-10-2007, 06:08 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

im gunna see how these next couple of weeks play out, im not in any hurry too sell, because i got almost a 9 months too sell, either sell or save up a hefty sum.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:22 PM
JamesW

Hey dude..good to see you again.

Everyone's right... if you sell it now, you're gonna take a thrashing. Short term, you'd be better off selling a few parts andthen renting one of those storage building stalls for $80/month.

As for longer term....Sorry to say, but that particularbody style just doesn't bring the bucks that the 'verts or FBs do. You'll never be able to get the money back out of it that you invest. So, if you really really love the car and want to keep it for the next 15+years, then suck it up and make do with a econobox till you can afford to mess with it again. If not...meaning if this is a temporary car on your way to something better, then consider stripping it down and selling all your add on parts on ebay or DFWStangs till you get the car down to a reasonable selling value (say 3K) and then move on.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

why spend 20K on it and not enjoy it? Find a way to to keep it so you can enjoy it later on when the time is right and you can put money to it.

And find a girlfriend that doesn't empty your wallet, get one that pays for you! (mine does :P well, usually 50/50)

Us 69 stag peeps gotta stick together
Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: atomsk680
at this moment, it is non running, but when i sell it i plan to have it running. now how much do you think i can get for the car, but the buyer is not only getting the car but tons and tons of goodies, heres my ad.
A non-running '69 coupe in primer ... about $3K. Since you say that you'll get it running but it will still have the other problems (leaking rear, bunch of uninstalled parts, primered body), $5K.

My advice is to spend a little bit more money to make a lot more money (really, lose a lot less). Fix the water pump, put some new seals in the rear and get a cheap Maaco paint job so it looks good from at least 10 to 20 feet. You may get $10K if you go this route.

Probably not the news you want to hear, but like James said, the 69 and new coupes just don't seem to command near the money that the other body styles or 68 and older coupes do. It seems that everybody buying a 69/70 wants a Mach 1.

Good luck!
Jeff
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 PM
connor90
4th Gear Member

about not being able to get one down the road well i dont really agree with that. i think muscle cars have peaked in terms of value...soon everyone who grew up with them are going to start dying off and lets face it, not many younger people want to deal with an old car so i really dont see how they can go up much more. i think its going to maybe go up for a few more years then theyll start going down again. i could be wrong though but thats what im hoping...that way ill be able to afford them when i get older.

Quick Reply: whats been going on guys?