Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Newbie wants to learn

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
BULLITT GT 390
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie wants to learn

Highland green for 68
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Almost looks like "Pacific Green", the same as my 98
Old 11-11-2007, 06:27 AM
YoShImUrA

ORIGINAL: cmanf

LOL Swing By Unique and pick You up a nice Shelby! lol
Looool! I read the news

Not into Cage's Eleanors, anyway... hated its bodykit and large wheels... hey, it almost seemed an European Tuning! Lol!

Indeed everyone wants what the other has,even Japs are nowadaysone of the best european classic cars collectors...

Thx for the welcome and hints, everyone!

Please, does somebody now a nice and available book/guide/workshop manual etc for good reference? I think I could start from there to not do so many obvious rookie questions. After I "culture" myself with that stuff, I could now better what engines and boxes cmanf was talking about[:-]

That 67 from the pics looks nice, may I have some more photos/details of her?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:40 AM
YoShImUrA

Oh, by the way, those frenchie cars, Citroën and Peugeot, nowadays they're crap, but on the late eighties they were rocking small fast cars, (if only the market wouldn't demand mpv like cars)so they spoiled themselves. I have a race car from the good times from Citroën btw, itsa 1988Citroën AX GT, I named her AXIE. I remember going to school with the bucket seats, the rollcage, wide seat-belts, racing exhaust... it was so much fun... this year I was able to race once but, being a student, can't afford anymore. Maybe she'll have go next week...

Oh, and my daily car is a frenchie GTI too, one of the last true GTIs (small, lightweight, powerful and good handling cars), a 2004Renault Sport Clio. It's got 182bhp for 1095kgcarrying me and a full tank. A real blast for a small car. Does less than 7secs to 60mph... and boy, it handles like a dream to be a FWD,... but I was always more of a RWD so... it'll have to go as wellto make enough space for the Mustang in my garage... Lol!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
YoShImUrA

Nobody reads books here?

What about that car from your pal rmodel65?

[sm=feedback.gif]
Old 11-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Lots of books are available though the first book you get should be an original or remanufactured Ford Shop Manual. They are different each year. I have both the 67 and the 68 myself. Being the original books used at Ford these are much better than the smaller Haynes manuals which I dont recommend. The book is for Cougar, Fairlane, Falcon and Mustangs. Here are a few eBay links search results for the 1967 and 1968 shop manuals. Again.. if you are going to buy one or have one this should be your FIRST book bought.
After that it depends on you.. There are books and book sets covering everything from history, wiring/electrical, mechanical, body work, painting, decoding vin and data info, vacuum schematic, body assembly, component build date manuals and so much more. Its quite easy to find a lot of this since most of it is available simply by searching the eBay Literature catagory by year (link is for 68).

Good luck!

edit: btw.. Google is definately your information king for doing general research on this subject.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

if i had 16.5k id have a bullit clone my buddy said hed let me buy his 67 i know its not a 8 but close enough "S" code fastback 4 spd it need paint and little nic nacs but its clean

Welcome to the forum Yoshimura........and rmodel65,i'm drooling here..bad.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Honestly, a Chilton and Haynes manual are nice to have in the shop for a break down view of parts, but the guys on here can answer your questions better than the books will be able to.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM
YoShImUrA

thx everybody for the help, will take all your good advices, starting with the shop maunal