Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:43 PM
cricket
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Need some help

I was lookin on ebay for another mustang to restore I do like some of the older coupes, but what about a mustang from the early 70's? I am still trying to figure out what cars are high dollar and what isn't I just recently decided that I want to work on cars for the rest of my life, and I want a car that can help build my reputation, and also teach me some things. I did see some coupes that I like, but most of them were way out of my league of restoration abilities. I did think that restoring something from the early 70's would help me really figure out what I need to do when I restore a 1971 mustang mach 1. I'm gonna recreate the one my mom had and have someone hand paint my grandpa's name in the body like nascar drivers have it done. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna start with something from the 60's though.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:58 AM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need some help

Just my 2 cent, I like the 67 coupes with the 289s. You can make them fast and you can still drive them everyday if you want. The gas don't kill you if you got it setup right.