Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Why i love my car...

Old 11-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Oxnard Montalvo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why i love my car...

She fires right up but i hear a weird grinding noise which i knew had to be from the starter so i shut it off immediately. I try to start her up again and it sounds funny but does start but the weird noise made me shut it down. well i try one more time and now the starter is spinning but not catching on the fly wheel...once that happened i knew i was screwed.

Three strikes and your out!
Next time, if you know it's the starter, leave it running and drive it home.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

These thing never lose their appeal.
My daily beater is a 07 DTS and the ratty mustang im building gets all the attention when the guys hang out. lol
Old 11-22-2007, 12:19 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JamesW

Next time...(after your headers cook this one too)... got a mini starter from a later model 5.0. stronger, lighter, less amps, and the headers aren't near as close
well thats not why it went out but if this one breaks for some reason ill be sure to look into that.

the drive gear just completely broke, im not an expert on how they function internally but a bunch of tiny cylinder shaped pieces of metal came out of it and now the gear slides back and fourth, the motor is perfectly fine though.

and i know i should have left her running but my instinct when i hear a weird noise coming from my only car is to shut it off for fear of damaging it further. of course anyone can look back on this and tell me i should have left it running, but i doubt anyone would have actually done that if they heard what i did.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Oxnard Montalvo
4th Gear Member

nd i know i should have left her running but my instinct when i hear a weird noise coming from my only car is to shut it off for fear of damaging it further. of course anyone can look back on this and tell me i should have left it running, but i doubt anyone would have actually done that if they heard what i did.
Relax. I'm only busting you.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

haha sorry...i was really cranky last night for some reason.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Kenny_Z
2nd Gear Member

My 'I love my car' moment was when the girl I'm interested in at the office and I finally had the chance to go to lunch together. She climbed in the car and said 'i love the way these old cars smell' and when I cranked the car she smiled and said 'sounds like Eleanor.' That pretty much made my day, and lunch went well too
Old 11-23-2007, 02:20 AM
66ckurt
2nd Gear Member

kenny u might wanna think about forgeting the girl, **** or tires my friend.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:40 AM
mat11089
3rd Gear Member

Its so satisfying when people ooo and aahhh over our cars.I drove by 4 kids about 8 the other days giving me an 8 year old thumbs up and yelling "cool car" and even better than that is girl always would rather ride in my car than my friends.And youre right connor if u can do the work yourself the maintenance is not bad at all(in my oppinion if you cant do your own work you shouldnt own one).
Old 11-23-2007, 11:47 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kenny_Z

My 'I love my car' moment was when the girl I'm interested in at the office and I finally had the chance to go to lunch together. She climbed in the car and said 'i love the way these old cars smell' and when I cranked the car she smiled and said 'sounds like Eleanor.' That pretty much made my day, and lunch went well too
Haha, something like that happened to me. The girlfriend of one of my friends was in my car one day on the way to lunch; immediatley when she got in she says "You're car smells really nice!" It's great driving around town and getting all these compliments, I got a thumbs up from a bum the other day.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Kenny_Z
2nd Gear Member

There's a kid on my block that's probably about ten years old, he waves at me whenever I go by in the Mustang. The first time he saw it he was outside helping his dad. I saw him point the car out to his dad with a big grin. It's great to see the younger generation looking at these classics.

You know, I did think about that 66ckurt. Can't help it though, she's a geek like me as well as being into cars and she's way too hot to ignore She keeps saying she's too little to work on older cars. I keep telling her that little hands are usefuleven ifthey can'tdo heavy liftingand that she's welcome in my garage anytime.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why i love my car...