Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

is this Mach 1 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:10 AM
flyingfool
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is this Mach 1 worth it?

that right there is just a beautuful car. +1 on that color!
ask yourself this, would you regret letting it get away? or not? in ten years.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:23 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

I would really have someone with expert knowledge look at the condition of the car. Not really what you see on the outside, but the areas that are not normally seen (torque boxes, rockers, cowl vents, etc.) and can be rusty. True "numbers" cars are few these days, and I beleive that they will only gain in value.Many times owners will say its a "numbers matching" when in fact their not. Off hand in the photo, their is a couple of things that stick out. The tires are not correct and those yellow plug wires are not Ford. Also, the color is beautiful, but its not a Ford production color (as far as I know).These alterations will only be a decrement in value as compared to a true "matching numbers" car (not only thecorrect colors and parts, but also the right date codes as to when it came down the line). So, as not to end this thread too soon, I would see if a knowledgeable MCA Judge (tell him to bring a fellow friend judge with him) for that year will take a look at it and "pick it apart" before you spend that kind of money. Even if he charges a small fee, it would be worth it. A phone call to the local MCA would be good start. Then if you want to go for a "market comparison", spend a littlefor a appraisal, at least they will be able to compare "apples to apples".When the owner of this car states "all numbers matching", that justgives me a chill. I would do my homework on this one, and good luck with what ever you decide.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:05 PM
boss_dude_429
3rd Gear Member

hey man if you want to know if that drive train is the original, look at the engine tag in front of the coil, stock location, the trans tag on the tailhousing or gearbox, can't remeber which one, and slide under the rear of the car read the tag on the rear end, get a book that has the codes, like mustang restoration guide that's the one that i have, and decode then read the vin decode with same book and see if they match, or if you don't really care about a little money get the vin and send it off for a marti report.