Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

18 mins on this 69 fastback

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 18 mins on this 69 fastback

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

ORIGINAL: Clu7ch

I got hit by a car and within 2 days I was working again. Keep in mind, the guy ran a red light, I was on foot and I can't even remember ANY of that night. Man up, youngin'!

im older than you :P

anyways i was riding my motorcycle and got rearended she broke my arm and i think that my right rotator cuff is torn up and i think theres something wrong with my back also
You're only as old as you say you are! LOL!!!

That sounds pretty nasty. Sorry to hear that. People need to be more mindful of others on the road. Hope everything is well and you don't have extensive injuries. I think both of my rotators are ****ed, to say the least. Along with my knees needing at least a partial replacement. My knees aren't realted to the accident, but I beileve my left shoulder and half the problem with the right is.

Toyota has developed a system for their cars that make them a lot safer where it pretty much WON'T let you hit anything, but this dumb DS (an american something or other) said that this technology is not a good thing cause it would cause people to drive worse than they already do. People already drive like they have some magic freaking computer in their car that will keep them from getting into an accident and they don't pay ANY attention to anyone else on the road. It could only get better! LOL!!! Sorry for the threadjack.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

HA! I had a motrcycle accident on Oct. 3rd broke my leg and have been home/tv bound too!!!

Check this out!

Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

no its fine i just saw this car i didnt click on the link just thought someone might be interested[8D]

yeah i first i couldnt even touch my nose with my right arm or really move it at all now i can move it pretty good as long as i dont try and lift it up shoulder level then it bad and anytime i have any weight in it more than a cup etc. they totaled the brand new bike it was 7k in damage

i think the woman was on a cell phone but i dont know heck i dont even know what she looks like since i was on my back till the stretcher got there and the sun was blinding me[&:] she said my bike had no brake lights and like my buddy told her thats because you knocked them all off[:@] o well ride fall get back up

Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: Deviousfred

ouch i had an xray the week after i was put in a cast they said i shouldnt need a plate and a pin in there i feel for you
Old 11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

you got a cast? Lucky! I had so much skin and muscle missing from my leg that I couldn't get a cast or a metal insert yet. Instead I got that external fixator and vac therapy. My soft tissue has been growing in slowly over the last two months but not enough so that I can get a skin graph yet. Once I get the skin graph I can get a metal rodthrough my tibia with some screws. Neddles to say this fixator and vac have made getting around nothing short of hell. Sad part is doctor said it may be a year before I may even walk again.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

I just had a 17 year old the other day, stuck his hand in the exit shoot of a lawn mower and cut hix index and middle finger tips clean off. The bone was still intact and sticking out of the flesh. Oh and the guy who fillet'd his bicep with a plate glass window while trying to install it. That was a good one. Damn near split both the tendon and major artery in his left arm.

Don't get me started on the breaks with motorcycle accidents. They are mainly young guys who were trying to do wheelies and stoppies and going too fast in the wrong places. I laugh at all of them.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

I just had a 17 year old the other day, stuck his hand in the exit shoot of a lawn mower and cut hix index and middle finger tips clean off. The bone was still intact and sticking out of the flesh. Oh and the guy who fillet'd his bicep with a plate glass window while trying to install it. That was a good one. Damn near split both the tendon and major artery in his left arm.

Don't get me started on the breaks with motorcycle accidents. They are mainly young guys who were trying to do wheelies and stoppies and going too fast in the wrong places. I laugh at all of them.
Don't be too sure about that. I've lost a lot of friend on bikes who were hit by other vehicles or run off the road by other vehicles. I had my accident when a truck blew through a stop sign in front on me and I layed the bike down trying to stop. No wheelie or stoppie here. I was lucky I missed the truck.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

im young but all iwas doing was going to eat messican food my dad told me that it was hazardous to my health
Old 11-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Deviousfred

Don't be too sure about that. I've lost a lot of friend on bikes who were hit by other vehicles or run off the road by other vehicles. I had my accident when a truck blew through a stop sign in front on me and I layed the bike down trying to stop. No wheelie or stoppie here. I was lucky I missed the truck.
I meant the ones I see here all the time are fools who thing they are invincible. I know for a fact that there are very ****ty drivers who hit bikers cause they aren't paying attention or are just dumb. There were a few in the paper a few months back, but for the most part, the ones I've seen were rider error/stupidity. The one that sticks out the most was recently on Route 35 in Keyport, by me. This guy and his friend were riding and apparently they were both intoxicated. the one dude was weaving in and out of traffic and he lost it. He hopped up the curb and when he came back down he lost the bike and spilled his brains all over the highway. They had the highway shut down for hours and the EMS and firetrucks (for the "spray down") had to come from the other direction. There were a number of younger guys here, doing "stunts" and breaking legs, wrists and one case where it was inexperiance/bad timing. This kid was a newer rider and was trying to get home and out of the rain before it got too heavy. Some guy stopped short in from of him and he had to ditch the bike. He was lucky and only ended up with bad road rash on his shoudlers and forearms.