Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

You think 71 to 73's will go up in value?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 04:39 PM
palerider
4th Gear Member

Default RE: You think 71 to 73's will go up in value?

Out in the midwest you don't see too many kids driving any classics because of the winters. Plus how many high school kids can afford the restoration. When I go to cruise night out in NW Indiana it's basically guys 35+.

I agree on the demand part of it. Just trying to guess when tprices will peak.

Going on point people like by cars they remember as cool when they were younger I'm guessing anyone born in 1945 thru 1965 would appreciate the older stands 65 thru 73the best.

I'm also guessing once people get past 65 the interest in cars start waning. Doing the math - I'm guessing we'll see prices go up another 10 years on 65 thru 73 and then start dropping. But then again who cares as long as we enjoy them!!

Old 12-02-2007, 05:00 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

Your daughter is a lucky girl, I have yet to discover another classic car in the parking lot of my school. All I see are oceans of Hondas, BMW's, Audi's, Lexus', and Subarus. One of my friends has a '67 Camaro RS, but it's far from done. When I was a freshmen there was a '65 Mustang coupe, a '70 Chevelle and a '68 Camaro RS, but alas, those days are long gone.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I was in the last of the muscle car generation. Go just a few years younger, and the frequency of muscle car ownership drops dramatically. It was easy to see in the cruise nights...more and more of the 80's cars that gave way to ricers. That was about '93, give or take.

I know my '71 has appreciated just a little since I bought it in '90. I expect it will go up, and I'm thankful mainly because the availability of aftermarket parts isgetting much better.