Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Looking for builders guide for my '69

Old 12-04-2007, 06:49 PM
fantastic
1st Gear Member

Default Looking for builders guide for my '69

A few years back I had the pleasure of touring an automotive manufacturing factory where I watched a vehicle being assembled from beginning to end. I was so surprised to see thatthe first partwas the floor and that the rest was built around that.

Now, in building my '69 I'm looking for as much data as I can find. I'd love to see a full parts list with picture guides like AllData has, and maybe links from each part to show who has it for sale and at what cost. I'm sure that I'd be very surprised to see what is actually available.

Does anyone have a full parts list and breakdown? I sure would like moredata to work with...

Greg
Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for builders guide for my '69

if you find it, copy it, save it, whatever you can. then sell it. then pay someone to finish your car for you... dont think something quite like that exists...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:50 PM
DanK69RustangVert
2nd Gear Member

I have been researching for my '69 for the last 3 yrs. I have the full set of '69 shop manuals (Printed book AND on CD) including the supplement for the Shelby models, the exploded view manual, chassis manual, wiring diagrams, Mustang recognition guide, Mustang How to, How to restore your Mustang, How to paint your Mustang, Shelby unique parts list, and the '69 Mustang illustrated facts book. I also have several tech articles from Mustang Monthly (Magazine) and other items saved from several web sites.

With all of this info., I still don't think it is all you are asking for. Gotta agree with Waffles, If you get all of it in one place and can make it a searchable referance.... $$$$$$$---- You'll have a winner!
It's keeping up with who carries what, what is produced or reproduced and the ever changing pricing that keeps your head spinning when trying to finish a classic Mustang. Then you find a place who's catalog or web site says they have it --- backorder!
There is always e-bay, but you have to know your pricing, AND your product, sellers confuse one year or model part for another or try to sell an item by including the words Mach 1 or Shelby in the listing when no Mach or Shelby would have had that part on it etc.

Good luck in your search, and if you find it - share it.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
F14chuck
1st Gear Member

Gotta agree with above. Been researching for over 18yrs on my 69 vert. Add several partscatalogs to the list. NPD seems to have had the best overall availablility and cost in my experience, but new stuff comes available all the time from other vendors.

I am still looking for new convert trim pieces I call hockey sticks (pot metal chromed). No one makes the ignition switch pigtail as far as I can tell either orNew trunk lids.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:58 PM
jlg2002
4th Gear Member

There is a illustrated parts manual that breaks down all of the major assemblies that is available. I haven't seen or heard of a comprehensive set of data unless youcan find some kind of insider factory build sheets
Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

So wait....

Am i understanding ths right????

Here is a comprehensive website of people with classic mustangs, backyard mechanics, weekend warriors of a sort... that know ther cars inside and out like the back of ther hand.... and we aren't talking about DEVELOPING such a thing??????

Anyone else interested in a possible business plan??
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
DanK69RustangVert
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Waffles

So wait....

Am i understanding ths right????

Here is a comprehensive website of people with classic mustangs, backyard mechanics, weekend warriors of a sort... that know ther cars inside and out like the back of ther hand.... and we aren't talking about DEVELOPING such a thing??????

Anyone else interested in a possible business plan??
Waff, It's the time it would take that stops most from doing it, that and while I have alot of the info. I am not the computer guy it would take for the job. Then there would be up-keepon the system. As I mentioned above, items come avail. or are discontinued all the time, keeping track would be a nightmare.

I suppose it would be doable, but you would need a good supply of asprin for the headaches.