Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Ok guys... what the heck (sound deadener)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default Ok guys... what the heck (sound deadener)

So I got a whole bunch of parts today (like christmas) and one of the the things was my elemental designs' eDead sound deadener. I posted a thread a while back asking how much I would need to cover my firewall, roof, floors, trunk, and doors and the consensus seemed to be 150 sq ft. Well, I bought 140 sq feet (less shipping costs) and it looks like I have wayy too much haha.

Well we'll see when I put it in how it comes out, but here's some pics:

Oh yeah, and is it supposed to be this thin of a material? Granted it is heavy, the box weighs about 70 pounds, but it doesn't seem like this stuff is supposed to be this thin. What do you think?

Old 12-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Riverside66
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ok guys... what the heck (sound deadener)

(from the picture) The thickness looks right to me. If you have any left overs, send it my way!!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:46 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riverside66

(from the picture) The thickness looks right to me. If you have any left overs, send it my way!!
hahaha maybe I will! I just talked to my friend and he said the thickness was fine lol. But man still seems like way too much, you mustang guys must have double layered!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:55 AM
dozierstang
2nd Gear Member

Thickness is fine, there are some other sound deadener products that are a little thicker but that is fine. I bought that same stuff and it took 2 rolls to do my floors, doors and firewall. You should have some left over but not much.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM
F14chuck
1st Gear Member

L x W = area. < Couldn't resist.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

The thickness looks great!

I personally would have started with the paint on edead for the flat surfaces and then gone over it with the V1SE, but that is good stuff.

I had problems with my early edead falling becauase I didn't use a roller, so make sure you roll it on!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
dozierstang
2nd Gear Member

Yea, the wooden one is way better than the plastic one I got with Fat Mat. Fat mat is thicker but a lot more expensive and it took for ever to get it. So I ended up getting edead for the vert and used the fat mat on the mach. Same stuff IMO.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
mySAVIOReigns
3rd Gear Member

Looks fine to me - if you don't mind me askin, how much did you get it for per sq. ft?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
pokertramp

Crap, you could do 3 cars with what you have there. looks plenty thick to me. My neighbor used 3/4 inch, mostly to keep it quiet with the 440 6 pack running. LOUD!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:42 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F14chuck

L x W = area. < Couldn't resist.
Um, yes I'm aware, I go to a math school (ranked 21st in the nation to be exact). My post was referring to the fact that 4 or 5 people said I should buy 150 square feet to do what I want to do, so I bought 140.

ORIGINAL: mySAVIOReigns

Looks fine to me - if you don't mind me askin, how much did you get it for per sq. ft?
$1.60 a square foot, got it off their website: http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/pro...products_id=52

Thanks everyone for the replies, glad to know the thickness is good. I should be getting my car back from the body shop (looks niiiice) either tomorrow or monday! Then I'll start rolling these things on.

Quick Reply: Ok guys... what the heck (sound deadener)