Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Made in China- is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:08 PM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

Default Made in China- is it worth it?

They are really so much cheaper but often you will see poor build quality and fading in some chrome and lenses.

Is it worth getting them? what would you advice? should vendors inform us of where items are made?

Will the quality improve as Japan has? Given the way the government runs business?

Is this a generalization or does it always hold true?

Is there a difference between Made in China and Made in Taiwan?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Made in China- is it worth it?

I voted "hit or miss" because I don't haveanything against Taiwan.

That said, we are fools for buying goods from red China. They would like nothing more than to destroy the USA with the trllions of dollars we give them for their crap.

We are going to have big trouble with red China, I think sooner rather than later.

They are already feeding our children lead, they are building computer hard drives with trojans on them right from the factory...... As a nation we are ignorant...

I dont want anything from red China on my classic cars, even if it was the best quality, which it aint.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
dano670
2nd Gear Member

If the choice is between China and Taiwan, I always pick Taiwan. Not for the quality, just because they are a democracy.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 AM
flyingfool
3rd Gear Member

I personally try to avoid buying from china or other similar low quality, cheap companies, unless it doesnt matter if it breaks after a couple times .from experiencebuying metal equiment (shackle bolts, cables, ect)made in china and having them break much more easily then made in US (where we at least try to maintain a standard), I NEVER buy stuff from china when my safty is involved. so in short, not worth it
Old 12-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dano670

If the choice is between China and Taiwan, I always pick Taiwan. Not for the quality, just because they are a democracy.

Oh please...
Old 12-19-2007, 02:18 AM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

Ignorance is a wonderful things,

do you guys want to explain the difference between China and Taiwan?
thats like comparing a red apple and a green apple.... it is still an apple

for those of you who dont know the only reason anything is built in any other country and shipped back here is to make more money, and it is not China's fault the business owners here want to be so rich they all take their businesses over seas, 15 years ago alot of companies moved to Taiwan due to low wages and no environmental control, but now since the economy is screwed up because of so much money getting sent over there, the companies moved to China and the same thing has happened! so now they are once again moving.... To places like India, Cambodia, and Vietnam.

if you want to blame someone , why dont you buy Made in America only.

i dont mean american cars, since most of them are made in Canada and Mexico now, 90% of your mustang replacement parts are made in other countries.

if you want things to change, you need to start with The U.S. government, they need to increase the import tax so it is not worth companies going over to these countries to manufacture there,

and on a side note since all these parts are being made for .10 on the dollar, has anyone thought why the things bing made in other countries are so expensive. ! reason the owners/ ceo's of these companies determine fair market value, this is be looking at theier competition (who is probably still in the good old USA manufacturing here) and they slightly undercut them making huge profits while puting their competition out of business since the U.S based company has no where else to skimp on to save any money!

Do you want to solve the problem with American money going to other Countries, then stop buying things from other Countries!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:24 AM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

So you dont buy from Autozone, Napa. Advance / Kragen ect , where do you think their brakes and rortors come from, every box has 1 of 2 things on it made in Mexico or made in China

flyingfool

I NEVER buy stuff from china when my safty is involved. so in short, not worth it
Old 12-19-2007, 07:22 AM
dano670
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Galactusz

ORIGINAL: dano670

Oh please...
If you send money to Taiwan, money comes back to America. They're military is equipped withmanyAmerican made jets.

Here are some recent military procurements:

http://www.taiwanairpower.org/contracts.html

And here is another $5.5 billion dollar contract to buy F-16s

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../29/2003320879

Where do you want your money sent?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Id rather spend my money on something american made.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Military equipment???

Oh please...

Quick Reply: Made in China- is it worth it?