Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Got my car back from paint!! **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:39 PM
shr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Got my car back from paint!! **PICS**

man that looks goood!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:06 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scott H.

Sweet!

Love that blue color. Had a similar color on a '65 Fairlane. Nice fitment of all the body pieces. Be careful with opening doors and hood as you start to put the engine and everything back in. The chassis may flex a bit and catch a lip.
The engine and everything is in it, the only thing I have to put back is the interior, exterior chrome, bumpers, grill, etc., and all the windows.

Thanks everyone again for all the nice words. Glad you all like it!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:10 PM
sanjosebass
1st Gear Member

Who has two thumbs and want his car to look as clean as yours? THIS GUY (Thumbs pointing at self)!

Nice work man, really. Looks like Santa brought you the best present of all.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:31 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

They didn't look that good when they were new! And I know...I was around back then. My 69 Mach 1 was red, most were deep green. I always thought the blue was the nicest color but there were not many of them.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 PM
1967inline6MUSTANG
1st Gear Member

wow...that is way nice... excellent job...man i wish my car looked like that....
Old 12-21-2007, 09:00 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

just need wheels and drop it then i would be in love...no spoiler right? how much did the body work run you? Im hoping to get mine done with this years tax returns but with a wedding coming up highly un likely.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

David, your car looks absolutly awesome. I thought it was going to be more silverish from those pictures you sent me a few weeks ago, but that is perfect. The amount of work you've put into that carover the last few monthsis outstanding..

Lower that ****!
Nic
Old 12-21-2007, 10:21 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eZ

just need wheels and drop it then i would be in love...no spoiler right? how much did the body work run you? Im hoping to get mine done with this years tax returns but with a wedding coming up highly un likely.
I wanted to add the front and rear spoiler and the lovers because I think they look bad ***, but adding those is expensive. So I'll hold off on those for awhile, that is IF I do them. As for how much did it run me... too much, I don't want to discuss specifics. BUT my car was a basket case, rust holes and poor patches in every corner, and rust holes in rear window corners. Also my floor pans needed to be replaced. And even after all the welding work, every one of my panels was defective in one way or another, and I needed a new door skin on the drivers door (can't even tell now can you ). So in other words, my body work was a lot, but simply because my car needed a LOT of work. But now it is like it should be, all fixed up, and good to go for another 37 years

ORIGINAL: baddog671

David, your car looks absolutly awesome. I thought it was going to be more silverish from those pictures you sent me a few weeks ago, but that is perfect. The amount of work you've put into that car over the last few months is outstanding..

Lower that ****!
Nic
Thanks Nic, and yeah I think the pics I showed you were when it was super fresh paint in the spary booth under those flourecent lights. I really like the way the blue turned out, it is a light blue, but then it is a dark blue at certain angles. I love it, has lots of character.

And yeah I need to lower it, I talked to my dad about suspension. He digs the "surfer" look with the shakels but I don't like the shakles... So for the time being I think I'll set the rear to the first notch so its more even, and worry about the front later. Shouldn't be as bad then
Old 12-21-2007, 10:28 PM
john721
2nd Gear Member

Man...I keep checking it out, and it keeps looking better! You should be proud... I love it! Perfect colr, perfect all the way around. Keep us posted... I just ran all the wiring tonight in my car.. Maybe tomorrow I'll put the back end together...You got me inspired!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: john721

Man...I keep checking it out, and it keeps looking better! You should be proud... I love it! Perfect colr, perfect all the way around. Keep us posted... I just ran all the wiring tonight in my car.. Maybe tomorrow I'll put the back end together...You got me inspired!
Haha thanks! I'm glad I can be an inspiration. Man I need to run my wiring too... good thing its all together (I think). I had a bad day reassembling today, tried to do my headlights, ended up breaking one of my old headlight rings (fixable I hope, already got a replacement for the one that was already broken lol) and punching myself in the nose trying to attach it (long story, I hate vice grips) Lol!

Quick Reply: Got my car back from paint!! **PICS**