Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What's your answer to when people ask "When's your car going to be done?"

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:29 PM
toolwench
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What's your answer to when people ask "When's your car going to be done?"

When people ask about my fastback, I straight up say, "Never." I learned about ten years ago that as soon as I put a deadline on it, something else will break or I'll change my mind about what I want to do with the car.

The vert is always: "I dunno. It's real close... I just have to ________." But I always say that with something different in the blank, so maybe I should just start saying never on that one, too!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Reverb
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What's your answer to when people ask "When's your car going to be done?"

Christmas, but i never say which one.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:10 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

It has been 2 years now. This isnt a mustang but it is still an old truck. My mom always asks my dad and i "when will this thing start?" My answer is "hopefully in a week or so." I've said that for the past 2 months now. And we are actually almost there. Probably another week.[8D]
Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

Nobody asks anymore...............I guess because ofmy lack of progress[sm=smiley6.gif][8D]
Old 12-29-2007, 10:14 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

"My answer is "hopefully in a week or so." I've said that for the past 2 months now. And we are actually almost there. Probably another week."

LOL, Oh the irony!

Good answers everybody. So I'm not alone.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Kramer
2nd Gear Member

I always tell them "after you start helping" or my favorite "if you donateto my fund I'll get it done a little sooner"

I'm shooting for the 50th anniversery. but I really doubt it.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:41 PM
five pt oh
2nd Gear Member

done? The only "done" car is a neglected car.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:18 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I'll probably die first before the car is finished..

Maybe like 5 years or so to get it running...
Old 12-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Bogalu
2nd Gear Member

People ask me... Why dont you drive your mustang. Then I tell them "If you had a car that will get 20 mpg and a car that got 3 mpg... which one would you drive as your daily driver?" I take into mind that my job sucks and I would have no money to spend on restoring the mustang if I actually drove it around so until I restore it then I probably wont drive it. So I guess my answer to this question is "All I'm waiting on is my_____ part and it will be done. Of course that part changes week by week.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:48 AM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Its never "done". Oh it may be painted, tagged, and driven on weekends to the local cruise in or show. But trust me, it will never be done.

Quick Reply: What's your answer to when people ask "When's your car going to be done?"