Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Tire Roast... Do you have any videos or pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 PM
flyingfool
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tire Roast... Do you have any videos or pictures?

james, love the way your car sounds! what are you running? flow 40 series?

and dodgestang, that driveway video is really well done! haha
Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flyingfool

dodgestang, that driveway video is really well done! haha
I love my driveway

Here's a couple older ones of just DT making noise on the driveway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYy19...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsW7m...eature=related

I didn't add music and such so I like 'em alot cause I hear my exhaust note

Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

while this is up..... how do you do a good burnout with an auto tranny and no line loc? Just hold the brakes and neutral slam it? Im afraid ill break my stang...
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

uhhh put in drive...one foot on each pedal.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

nick you crucified that guy at the strip...what was your time????

As for your driveway, add me to the jealous list and tell me again how much you have to pay your neighborsnot to call the cops each time your mates drop in?!?!?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aussie66Fastback

nick you crucified that guy at the strip...what was your time????

As for your driveway, add me to the jealous list and tell me again how much you have to pay your neighborsnot to call the cops each time your mates drop in?!?!?
Looked more impressive that it really was....it only ran a 12.2 at 109.9 on that one. The car/motor has more in it but it needs some tweaking:
1. I couldn't power brake stall it over 2250 without pushing through the lights (so I need bigger/better brakes)
2. I couldn't actually leave the live over 1800 RPM without the rear squatting too much and hitting the tires on the fenders causing it to unload and bad wheel hop...so I was starting at 1500 RPM (so I actually need to ditch the 275 drag radials and try 245s)
3. It kept running out of gas at the top of third before the line becuase I had drained the bowls and the line and the pump just couldn't deliver enough through the 5/16 line so I had to lock the timing at 26 total to keep from breaking it (so I have to replumb from the tank to the carb with 3/8 lines)

This car will never be done

Still it does feel good going down the track and is actually quite easy to run to that time...drive in, heat the tires, power brake slightly and let go of the brake when the lights turn green Too bad I REALLY wanted to see the 11.9 that day and couldn't get there. But it will run 12.2-3 consitently enough that it would be a decent bracket car. Too bad I don't go racing near enough. Twice a year and I'm done with the drag strip (its supposed to be my street car that I drag for run and opentrack for giggles)

As for the driveway....hey its my driveway, I live in the country. I don't complain when they are out in the field shooting crap or running the 4 wheelers up and down into the woods. Plus most of the time I catch them watching and pointing. I've been told that when I have parties all the men in the house run to the windows to watch I actually almost totalled the 65 on the driveway last year...did a practice launch on the old concrete pad at the bottom and when I shifted into 2nd at 7k halfway up the driveway...the car went left!!! Good thing I have quick reflexes...it only cost me a tire
Old 01-08-2008, 10:11 PM
dirtydave289
3rd Gear Member

Yeah when i try to get a nice burnout my rear tires don't spin with my foot planted on the brake..but if i let off the brake my car just creeps forward
Old 01-08-2008, 10:44 PM
flyingfool
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the neighbors shooting crap and ATVs...my car isnt nearly as loud, and I still get all the people giving me dirty looks when i drive out. yet the people cross the street do all kinds of crap and no cares[:@]
Old 01-08-2008, 11:31 PM
jlp66stang
2nd Gear Member

Good stuff!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 AM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flyingfool

james, love the way your car sounds! what are you running? flow 40 series?

and dodgestang, that driveway video is really well done! haha
Yeah it is flow 40s with 2-1/2" pipes that is one of my favorite things about this car is it sounds like a monster and drives like one.

ninteen66mustang Date 1/8/2008 7:28:58 PM while this is up..... how do you do a good burnout with an auto tranny and no line loc? Just hold the brakes and neutral slam it? Im afraid ill break my stang...
When I had my pickup I would push the gas down and let the brake out a little bit and it would stand still and produce white smoke... With my Stang it is all power in the first gear of the tremec... and sometimes second

EmperorOfChicken Date 1/8/2008 6:00:36 PM well...its not very impressive and its a peg leg but its the only vid ive got of the 65...
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV00264.flv
Anything with good old white smoke is impressive the car sounds really good to.

Quick Reply: Tire Roast... Do you have any videos or pictures?