Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

gotta love sears

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: gotta love sears

Yeah impact are awesome and so are air rachets... they sure can cut down the time of assemble and disassembly... Very nice
Old 01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
kryo
1st Gear Member

I worked at Sears in the MPU (Merchandise Pick-Up) area for a summer and I gotta say.. if you can carry the tools out yourself, please do so. In the back, everything is ****ed up from the truck orders and stuff so almost everything seems to be broken. 1/2 of the returns are because of broken items before they get home. It's rediculous.. and if they aren't broken before they come down from the storage, the MPU members have a quota of no more than 5 minutes and each time you take longer, you get a mark, so it makes the associates hurry the eff up.. the only problem is, they don't care if they break your **** getting it down to you.

My word of advice; carry your own tools out of the store. Say no to MPU taking them out to you.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:09 PM
choefle
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I had that problem with my tool chest. Finally I opened it before I left the store.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
390bigblock1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mySAVIOReigns

Do what you want with your money but please don’t encourage an 18 year old to build up credit so he can blow money he doesn’t have, go in debt, and not have the money to pay it off. It’s my biggest pet peeve when people say “oh, I’ll just use a credit card” and they don’t have the funds to back it up. One of the hardest lessons I learned... [/rant]
well ya that would just be stupid, i have a great jobs, but back to the point it took my about 1 hour to take off my rear suspension with my new tools, im so glad i bought them
Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
choefle
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 66JameStang

Yeah impact are awesome and so are air rachets... they sure can cut down the time of assemble and disassembly... Very nice
Man they have saved my a few broken knuckles and a lot of time on the disassembly!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: 390bigblock1

ORIGINAL: mySAVIOReigns

Do what you want with your money but please don’t encourage an 18 year old to build up credit so he can blow money he doesn’t have, go in debt, and not have the money to pay it off. It’s my biggest pet peeve when people say “oh, I’ll just use a credit card” and they don’t have the funds to back it up. One of the hardest lessons I learned... [/rant]
well ya that would just be stupid, i have a great jobs, but back to the point it took my about 1 hour to take off my rear suspension with my new tools, im so glad i bought them

its not that you need to go get in debt,im not recommending going out and over extending yourself! but you do need to establish a credit history you need to prove your responsible, it affects a lot of aspect of your life, house loans,car loans, even some jobs!!!! even the amount you pay a month for insurance. im 24 and have an 800+ credit score with no dings as soon as my bike is payed off it will go even higher. and ill be able to get an excellent rate when i go to purchase a home.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 AM
mustdoc
2nd Gear Member

1. Ron Paul is the only Republican that makes sense and can be trusted. I really like his positions on so many issues. His voting record accurately reflects his stances and is unassailable - he is a "true fiscal conservative" in an era where we saw a Republican congress and a Republican president spend our tax dollars like drunken sailors ($9 trillion+ debt and the largest entitlement program in decades, Medicare Part D, that was a tax dollar giveaway to the pharm. industry.) All of the other Republican candidates are either corporate cogs or religious demagogues - neither of which our founding fathers would have tolerated. I thought his performance on Meet The Press was outstanding and you can check it out online!

Also, Ron Paul has received more money from military personnel than any other candidate... and, ironically, he is the only one pushing for a withdrawal from the present occupation in Iraq (Our brave soldiers won the Iraq war.. Bush et al. have been losing the Iraqi occupation to the tune of over $2 Billion a week and loss/manglement of US lives)... this should tell us all something when an overwhelming number of underpaid military men and women support Ron Paul, the only anti-war Republican presidential candidate!

After "W" (a liberal dressed in conservative clothing - see longtime Reagan conservative Bruce Bartlett's book "Imposter" for the facts.) and the last 6 years of ridiculous spending by the Republicans and lack of oversight on this crazy notion of "a unitary executive" which can act without congressional or judicial consent (a king was never envisioned by the founding fathers) I never thought I would vote Republican again. Ron Paul has restored some hope - a true conservative! Don't be scared by the libertarian label. Modern Goldwater Conservatives, Libertarians and Objectivists (Ayn Rand's philosophy) all have a lot in common. True freedom. But enough politics.

2. I have read where many small to mid-range air compressors, most of which are either gasoline powered or 120 AC electric, do not last long when used a lot and have insufficient power/duty cycle abilities to be truly multi-purpose. I have been told that if you really want a reliable and powerful compressor consider ones by vendors like Champion that require 220 v but cost a lot. Any thoughts on such recommendations?
Old 01-12-2008, 10:00 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

You gotta love the Sears tool section.I can't go in there without buying something and they stand behind their tools.I have never had a problem with a return if something legit happens to something.Good luck and happy Mechanicing!!