Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Hood Black Out Decals

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Default Hood Black Out Decals

Anyone have pics of the Black Out Decals on the shelby hood.. 67 or 68? Wife wants to see what the car looks like with them as she cant 'imagine' it. Its these ones. She would like to see the entire hood or from the drivers seat if possible.

Thanks

Old 01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hood Black Out Decals

The link you posted has a pic. I don't know what you are asking for. Those little decals are only going to look right on a shelby hood. Do you have a shelby hood?
Old 01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Yeah the car is getting the 68 Shelby hood and front end. I showed her the linked photo however she said she doesn't know what it would look like until she sees it in a larger pic showing the full hood or from the drivers seat out the windshield. Not a big deal but was just wondering if anyone had a photo already they could post of it.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

IMO wives are for cooking, cleaning and the other thing not for giving inputs on how to build a mustang. BTY I'm divorced, could you guess?
Old 01-12-2008, 04:04 PM
my 67
1st Gear Member

67t5ponycoupe, you R such a DA. If she's gonna drive it or help him wotk on it , she should see what the big pic. is. Also it's not called a "Shelby" hood it is called a "deluxe" hood. I know most call it a shelby hood ,but thats incorrect. I have them on both my 67 & 68- my 67 only has the 6cyl in it, but it has the Sprint pkg.
Adrenolin R you looking for what the part around the signal lights on the hood will look like?? My 68 is red w/blk around the signals. Can take pic if thats what U need.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

67t5ponycoupe.. well 12 years married here and it gets better every year. We share many interests and even when we dont we still actively communicate about those other things. Simply put.. good strong and open communication. Ohh and btw.. I'm the cook in this household! Cleaning.. well thats something we share together those 2 or 3 days a year lol.

my 67... Actually.. the Mustang GT from Ford had the Deluxe hood which was steal. While the Shelbys started out as base Mustang GTs they received the Fiberglass Shelby hood. Pictured below is the 68 Shelby hood which I should be ordering later next week.

Actually I just found a picture of it in this eBay Auction. Pics 2 and 10. Its the 2 Blacked Out sections of the hood thats up against the cowl.

She looked at these and decided she'll like them on the Dark Moss Green thats going on the car.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

I knew I could get a rise out of some folks with my comments! No offense, just goofing around. It does seem like such a small item to wonder about though. I say if it was good enough for Shelby it is good enough for any one. I personally like the little back out thingys. I guess my 67 was calling me a dumb ***? That is all I can think DA stands for. At least I looked at the link to see what he was talking about and yes he is talking about a Shelby hood not a Deluxe hood.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

lol no worries! Hard to offend me really and I took it as light humor anyways.[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

She has decide she likes them after looking at those images so thats what she gets.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:59 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

I believe that blackout it there for sun glare only thing i can think of why its there.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Actually the reason for it to be there was to give the illusion of having rear vent openings. That said when hit at the correct angle and paint color I'd imagineyou could get a fairly nasty sun glare from that spot.

Quick Reply: Hood Black Out Decals