Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Keeping Your Car Safe?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:40 AM
green_blurr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Keeping Your Car Safe?

plenty of option's nothing beats locking grandma in the car and having her watch it. lol
Old 01-12-2008, 10:45 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on best car!! Do what 67mustang302 says!! Its cheap and it works! They are lucky it wasn't my car,I would be in jail and someone would have a broken jaw!!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

I don't think a Lo-Jack would help much where I live..

By the time I would know the car is gone, Lo-Jack would only serve one possible purpose....

"Yep,,,, its in Mexico..."
Old 01-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

JMD.. lol yeah thats true.. I'm in Jersey so most are either quick joyrides, shots to Camden to be cut up or over to the docks and into a container. Lojack works here as long as you notice and report the theft within a few hours. The scary thing here are the chopshops. Once it makes it there you dont stand much of a chance of getting it all back even when the police bust the place.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:31 PM
SUPERSTEVE9219
1st Gear Member

I already have a club, I don't use it at school (well im going to start now) because we all watch each others cars and there is a school proctor that watch the parking lot, but everyone was in on it when they pulled the joke on me.

I do have somewhat of a kill switch, I have it in my car were you have to turn the key then push a button to start the car, the button is right next to the lighter though so I dont think it would be hard for someone to find.

But I guess I won't be leaving my club off anywhere for now on
Old 01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

man I wish my school had a "best car" thing.... and i'm in the yearbook class!!!!! hahaha but then again my school only has like 640 people and of that maybe 100 or so drive, probably less
Old 01-12-2008, 04:05 PM
SUPERSTEVE9219
1st Gear Member

wow thats high people/people that drive ratio, we have around 1600 people at my school and I don't think there are more than 100 people that drive.

I think the main reason I won is because nearly everyone drives hondas or little imports at my school, I think my car has the biggest engine in the whole parking lot (including the few trucks also).
Old 01-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Arcticspook
2nd Gear Member

The best thing you can get for your car is Classic Car Insurance.

The other things are nice and you should have a few of them, but if/when you get your car back, I promise you it will be screwed up in some way.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

I agree on the insurance bit.. as you say your insurance only "covers my car up to the bluebook price". I'd have an appraisal done and see what its worth. Get a value for the "replacement value" of the car which should be quite high. Then call your insurance company and ask for a policy change that covers that replacement value. This WILL increase your premium somewhat but you'll be better covered. If your stang is restored at all I'd have it insured for at least a 10,000 replacement value.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninteen66mustang

Get one of the steering wheel lock bars. I have on and you cant turn the wheels more than a couple of inches. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure they are hard to get past. You can also buy ones that cover your car if it is stolen. They will give you like 5-10 grand if it is stolen with their lock on it...

Oh, and you should teach your friends to respect the classics. It seems like it could have been pretty easy for them to get the car rolling too fast and hit something. If my friends did that I would prolly end up in jail that night.
Like I mentioned I advocate "The Club". Unfortunately it's nothing a hacksaw or battery powered grind wheel dremmel tool can't handle. They just cut the steering wheel...Bonesmoking degenerate scumbags...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keeping Your Car Safe?