Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

discbrakeswap.com question - help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
iamdiffrnt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: discbrakeswap.com question - help?

Degins is Discbrakeswap.com.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:00 PM
blue66mustang
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone used this brake kit along with the Shelby UCA drop. Is there any alignment issues. I'm seriously considering this kit and just doing some recon.

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM
blue66mustang
2nd Gear Member

Are the spindles copies of the Granada spindles or are they re engineered to work with 64.5-66 Mustangs. I have been trying to decide which way to go here and have read conflicting stories.
Some say they cause increased bump steer issues. Another states that they maintain steering close to the originalMustang geometry. Also can you use the Granada swap if you have the relocated UCA. or does this need to be reversed.

I looked at the instructions from Discbrakeswap.com and they state that you need to set the car up for alignment to Granada spec's. Hows this effect overall handeling on a Mustang ?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 PM
mySAVIOReigns
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blue66mustang

Has anyone used this brake kit along with the Shelby UCA drop. Is there any alignment issues. I'm seriously considering this kit and just doing some recon.

Thanks in advance...
yes, tons of people. There are no alignment issues, but you should get your car aligned to Daze's performance alignment specs (NOT THE ORIGINAL SPECS!)

The spindles, I think, are copies of the Granada spindles. They will work on the Mustang w/o a problem. The only problem is using 14" styled steel wheels.

Read this if you have any questions about bumpsteer.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:02 PM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mySAVIOReigns

ORIGINAL: blue66mustang

Thanks in advance...
yes, tons of people. There are no alignment issues, but you should get your car aligned to Daze's performance alignment specs (NOT THE ORIGINAL SPECS!)

The spindles, I think, are copies of the Granada spindles. They will work on the Mustang w/o a problem. The only problem is using 14" styled steel wheels.

Read this if you have any questions about bumpsteer.
Thanks for helping to clarify the posters question. I should add that there should be no "Granada spindle" related bumpsteer issue sinceCSRP (discbrakeswap)spindles are made with correct steering geometry for all applications. They are available for 65-66 or 67-73 geometries. Original Granada spindles were produced with 67-73 geometry and some 65-66 users have experience enhanced bumpsteer when using them. I say enhanced since even the original geometry is not perfect and some bumpsteer is a standard feature.
Dennis
Old 01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
blue66mustang
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]

Thanks for helping to clarify the posters question. I should add that there should be no "Granada spindle" related bumpsteer issue sinceCSRP (discbrakeswap)spindles are made with correct steering geometry for all applications. They are available for 65-66 or 67-73 geometries. Original Granada spindles were produced with 67-73 geometry and some 65-66 users have experience enhanced bumpsteer when using them. I say enhanced since even the original geometry is not perfect and some bumpsteer is a standard feature.
Dennis
[/quote]

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Thats what I needed to know.

Thanks Dennis.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:02 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

GREAT INFO !

i'm planning to put them in as well in the near future. what a relieve!

thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Interesting thread. Answered a few questions I had and cleared up a few things.

Does it matter if I plan on adding power steering and power brakes at a later date? Can I do the disk brake conversion now and not have to replace anything later?
Also I'll be replacing the C4 thany for a manual 4 or 5 speed. Will this affect anything that I need to know when ordering?

I'll be calling CSRP later today to order a set for my 67.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 06:23 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

.... I'll be calling CSRP ...

way to go. He'll be able to answer all your questions where as we're guessing ;-)

Kalli