Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Grab-a-Trak? Whats best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:11 AM
sanjosebass
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Grab-a-Trak? Whats best?

I posted a thread a while back that may have some useful information. You can find it here:

https://mustangforums.com/m_4369927/...tm.htm#4369927

You may also want to check out Daze's website. He was extremely helpful and was cool enough to respond to the PM's I sent him.

Good luck, I still haven't decided on what exactly it is I would like to do, but due to the thread above I have a ton of information that I can use when ready.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I did the graba trak kit, front and rear. I cant complain at all. Easy install (excpet for the damn leaf spring bolts). I got the poly bushings and so far still no squeaking.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 PM
1970coupe
3rd Gear Member

this is thestance im looking for. http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...top/index.htmli want a good suspension that will be setup for great handleing, cornering, quick acceleration ext....
i hear its best to buy everything seperatly than to go with a kit. so what should i do?
First of all whats some really good but afordable shocks? I was thinking about getting the grab-a-track kit but getting maybe some better shocks?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 PM
1970coupe
3rd Gear Member

dont meen to double post but im trying to get some response. whats a good setup? im thinking maybe some gas-ajust shocks....
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

kyb or koni adjustables are a good thing

just remember that the shock absorber is there to control the bump and rebound of the spring.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
1970coupe
3rd Gear Member

ok. well im kinda new to this whole suspension search. i havent really researched any sites that saywhat the best of the best is out there to put on a classic. i know that alot of mustang sites sell those elderbrok shocks that are supposably pretty good but so far here everyone seems to bring up the kyb ajustable shocks so i might just do that with a drop suspension from grab-a-track. what do yall think would be a good setup for a street performance car as far as what kinda of leafs to go with (ex. the mid-eye or reverse-eye, should i go with 620 coils, should i go with the gt leafs?) i just need some advice on that sorta stuff cause im trying to eliminate each item so i can order them indivisualy and not as a kit so ill get a better setup. hope this isnt too confusion to answer. thanks guys
Old 01-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

so, the current suspension is original (that is the stance in your sig pic)???

If i were to stage it, i would get the shocks but you need to do rear springs at the same time.

to get the stance from that mag article, you will have to lower the front and rear so, if you only do the rears nowyou may have to put up with the tail being still down until you have the front done.

also dont forget when you do the front you should be considering spring perches, ball joints and all the other steering bits as well.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 PM
JamesW

Nothing against Mustangs Plus... but their parts seem pretty high priced compared to everyone else. The 'Grab-a-Track' is a name they came up with to market their in house parts. They used to be called "Magna" or some such.

There are several kits out there. Laurel Mountain, CJ Pony Parts, American Pony (formally Canadian Mustang), NPD, Texas Mustang, Dallas Mustang, John's Mustang... all sell suspension kits.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
1970coupe
3rd Gear Member

well i was planning on buying all the suspension components i need and doing that all in a matter of a few weekends jacked up in the garage. then somewhere this month after thats all done i was going to buy the grab-a-track steering kit and rebuild it to but do i need to do that at the same time? yes if i could get that apearance of that 69 mustang i would probably cry tears of joy but the question is do i need to cut the coils probably to get that look? if so the i could go with a good spring and just lower it myself insted of getting the spring that does lower it but its not as good of a spring but that might be a big hassle. i hear tho that the 620 springs are very solid.

yes the current stance is because the rear suspension sags and its original and the front is because its after marked big block springs that are too much spring for my 351c so it sits up pretty high. im guessing the guy before me bought the wrong springs thinking the 351c was going to need a much bigger spring and went too much.